Lucky escape

storm in a teacup

Haven't managed to get out this season due to work but thought I would have an hour on the clays with my sxp to get my eye in.

Didn't notice anything untoward at the time but when I got back home noticed I have managed to blow my barrel around the choke.

Have to wait 2 weeks for a new barrel, but it could have been a lot worse!

OUCH!! at least it was at the furthest end. Possibly a loose choke and the wad caught up in it for that split second, that's all it takes. You didn't put the barrels down in the soil instead of resting on your toe like I see many clay shooters do. I saw that happen way back in the 70s, gun missed the superdooper lace on barrel support, hit the ground just enough to pick up a plug of soil. No chokes on that gun but it swelled the end and frightened the doo doo out of all of us .... ooops, apologies ..is doo doo acceptable ?

Not much to see

E8A074A3-B4EB-4AB6-8B49-85E0C1D583B2.jpg

FD7B5299-65F6-4996-90A0-F80ECFC438C7.jpg

It's gone to the great scrapyard in the sky now!

The only thing that is anoying is that the new barrel comes with a choke but they can't guarantee that it will be another 1/4 to replace the damaged one, so I will have to see what arrives.

Edited by storm in a teacup