Prosport

Chris B123

To be honest UK Poacher, I don't think I am going to do any of them justice, its been 36 years since I last fired an air rifle, and it's not as easy as I remember :) .

Its all in the hold and your posture. You don't grip a spring powered air rifle, you support it. That allows the rifle to recoil straight back whereas if you grip it you effectively cause a pivot at your elbow that can throw the barrel out of line when the gun recoils. But in order to be able to best test the pellets you'd be better resting the front of the gun on a solid support like a chair back. Always put the same part of the gun on the rest and that should give you an idea of which pellets group best with your gun.

This morning, in the post I received over 20 packets of sample pellets from 10 different manufacturers, along with some sample targets. All supplied free of charge by Jega (Gerry) from this forum. What a very kind thing to do, I can't thank you enough.

No problem mate ,like the rest of the lads on here i've had plenty of stuff given and numerous bits of priceless advice ,so just putting a bit back .

Good luck with your pro-sport, fabulous gun .

Thinking about buying one of these in Walnut myself.

The weight is bit of an issue 10 lbs !

Old ***, bad back ;-(

All the quality (and some non-quality) underlevers are heavy. There is little difference between the Prosport, TX200 and the German rifles. It is the point of balance aka handling that differs.