Mum, Dad And The Entire Litter

ShaggyRS6

mate i do not look down on airgunners at all infact i have just replaced my trusty springer with a pcp

i am just a stickler of total respect for quarry in my eyes putting up pics of not even half grown rabbits is disrepect. and if its pest control your doing it will take more than a air rifle to rid yor land of rabbits.

highlander trust me you cant be more wrong about the anti comment.

this is what really ****** me of about airgunners what have you achieved by putting up a picture of 4 2to 3 week old dead rabbit kits

No you clearly don't have a problem with us airgunner's as it doesn't look like your implying we soley disrepect quarry and exclusively shoot young rabbits.

What would a "real countryman" want with an airgun anyways? :)

It would appear your total U turn, could have been possibly spurred by the lack of support for your unsubstantiated, personal view?

Dan

what the hell is fieldcraft. you can pretty much walk up to any half grown rabbit let alone shoot them 30 yards away

Fieldcraft is something that anyone who hunts with an air-rifle needs to learn and use in order to be successful with his chosen tool.

I dont know what rabbits you have around your place mate, but believe me if you think you're gonna stroll up to a wild animal (which is exactly what a rabbit of any age is) and not have it bolt before you're ANYwhere near it, you're sadly mistaken :)

vermin killing and anything to do with the countryside - this is what it says in your profile, what part of cupraman's picture did not fit in this description?

If you dont approve of airguns then thats your opinion, and your entitled to it, as you said in an earlier post "this is a public forum". If you think that ferreting and netting etc are the only countrysports then you are mistaken (again) airguns have a rightful place in the countryside, regardless of your pigeon-holed opinion of them and the people who use them.

Nobodies saying you cant voice your opinion, but attacking people with generalised **** like you spouted will only make you come off as an anti. Try voicing your opinion / making your point in a sensible manner next time and maybe a decent discussion could be had. If you cant do that, try moving out of your parents basement, spend some time in the field - and try again.

Cupraman - Nice one chief :) good shooting

p.s - fert, have a look here: http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=31700&hl=

you obviously missed it whilst you were ferreting with ray mears :)

so i live in my parents basement do i? and i need to get out in the field more. obviousley you havent got a clue about me or what i do monkey spunk. but reading some of the posts you have put up just makes me wonder who needs to go out into the field more. "thumping rabbits" :)

so i live in my parents basement do i? and i need to get out in the field more. obviousley you havent got a clue about me or what i do monkey spunk. but reading some of the posts you have put up just makes me wonder who needs to go out into the field more. "thumping rabbits" :)

At least he had the decentacy to ask the question, in an appropriate mannor rather than ripping into a fellow PW member and making sweeping generalisations about an entire group of shooters and then make a quick retreat/backtrack with the lack of support from his peers.

You never know, occasionaly you may want to ask a question about the countryside, no one knows everything. They may say they do, but they are just a muppet in that case.

Dan

"thumping rabbits" = topic regarding field craft, thank you for proving my point :)

kudos on the name calling by the way, well done :)

p.s apologies for the basement gag, that was beneath me.

this is what really ****** me of about airgunners what have you achieved by putting up a picture of 4 2to 3 week old dead rabbit kits i can go out tomorrow with the air rifle and shoot 20 odd rabbits picking my rabbits only shooting the 3/4 growns or bigger. why i dont do this is i have grown up in the country and i have morals.a blindman can shoot rabbits in the spring the real test is in the winter when all you airgunners are tucked up in bed while the real country men get to work fereting

looking forward to snakebites opinion on this post :)

Look like you had a nice session :)

You were asked to take care of the rabbit problem and thats exactly what you have done, wether it's a year or a week old it's still a rabbit, the only way for a rabbit to get to a "respectable" size is for it to eat more crops and thats exactly what the farmer is trying to prevent.

And here it comes............

Nobody ENJOYS shooting baby rabbits do they? If you do then you are in the wrong game.

At first reading I thought that "fert" was having a pop at airguns but seeing as this is not the case I have calmed down a tad.

Rabbits have to be controlled in some areas and ......... sod it, all I am doing is going over what has been said before in the other replies.

If you were a "countryman" then you would realise that, yes sometimes baby things have to be killed.

What about "branchers"? That well known "Countrymans tradition" that happens on May 12th? How does that read on the "Moral'o'meter"?

Sometimes it is best to put your hands up and say "I was wrong".

As for the photos well I can agree to a certain extent as one dead rabbit looksjust like another, but some people are proud of what they have achieved and wish to share it.

Don't like it? Don't look.

EDITED TO REMOVE SPELLING ERROR.

And here it comes............

Nobody ENJOYS shooting baby rabbits do they? If you do then you are in the wrong game.

At first reading I thought that "fert" was having a pop at airguns but seeing as this is not the case I have calmed down a tad.

Rabbits have to be controlled in some areas and ......... sod it, all I am doing is going over what has been said before in the other replies.

If you were a "countryman" then you would realise that, yes sometimes baby things have to be killed.

What about "branchers"? That well known "Countrymans tradition" that happens on May 12th? How does that read on the "Moral'o'meter"?

Sometimes it is best to put your hands up and say "I was wrong".

As for the photos well I can agree to a certain extent as one dead rabbit looksjust like another, but some people are proud of what they have achieved and wish to share it.

Don't like it? Don't look.

EDITED TO REMOVE SPELLING ERROR.

i can see what you're trying to say but you must agree that most airgunners are puffs :):good:

puts on tin hat and retires to dark cupboard under the stairs :):)

sorry if i sound a bit ignorant here but whats branchers with regard to snakebites post?

Sorry should have explained.

There is a Victorian Tradition that on May the 12th you went upto a tree with a rooks nest, poked the young birds that couldn't fly out of the tree and ate them.

Nowadays you sit under the tree and shoot 'em out.

Not the most pleasnt experience but when the "Black cloud" descends over my Sunday permission you do whatever you can to thin 'em out.