A day at the beech

Dr D

Yesterday was rubbish for pigeon. Sun first thing and then by midday the wind had all but gone.

Some birds were moving between two beech woods about 3 miles apart. I set up along the line, but the birds weren't for decoying. What was worse, was that they stayed well up, many were only dots in the clouds.

I tried everything with no luck. So change of tactics. I put the magnet out in the field about 100 yards behind me, further along the flight line. I then tucked myself under an ash tree. This did the trick. The birds could see the magnet as they came down the line, the odd one then dropped height as it passed over the ash.

By now I had put a bit of choke in. The 32 grm 6s started to find the mark and play ended at 3.30ish with 38 in the bag.

post-2557-0-18508800-1479067998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr D

I mis read the title and expected some pictures of you and the dog making sandcastles on the beach. A good day though. I've had days like that where the pattern is set and they come over so high up that they must have been on oxygen. I got the Binos out and watched them for about two miles where they landed on a massive rape stubble field. Nothing could be done so I packed up and went for a walk round the hedgerows with the dog. A day at the beech. Yeah.