BBC iPlayer

steve_b_wales

You on company network? If so the external IP address being used is probably a US one (common on corporate networks) you need a UK proxy there are free ones (trials at least) but it means you can access us content not normally available in the uk.

http://free-proxy-list.net/uk-proxy.html Explains it quite well. Corporate firewall may not allow proxy to work.....

Edited by HDAV

You on company network? If so the external IP address being used is probably a US one (common on corporate networks) you need a UK proxy there are free ones (trials at least) but it means you can access us content not normally available in the uk.

http://free-proxy-list.net/uk-proxy.html Explains it quite well. Corporate firewall may not allow proxy to work.....

Yes, company network, but it's always worked in the past. I don't know what's wrong. I can't ask the IT Guru's at head office, because 'officially', we are not supposed to look on the Internet! Because of the nature of my job, a lot of sites are banned, such as Facebook, the Lottery site etc.

I do not know whether it covers iPlayer, but if you want to watch live tv ( some 500 channels) try www.filmon.com. I use it when in Europe to access live uk tv. Examples: Last weekend I was in Germany and watched BBC news: the b-in-law lives in Corfu and watches European football.It's description suggests it's available in the US so may work on your corporate IP address. Give it a go and let us know whether it does work.

Alternatively, If using your own laptop try some pieces of software like Ex Pat Shield