im a dad :)

flash

whent out to check on her earlier slipped some ferret complete through the bars with no sign of her, after about 15 biscuits had hit the ground she rushed out, and started wolfing them down, so while she was doing that i put my ear up to the side and i could here them squeeking.really loud for such youngens.

im so happy :blush:

cheers

flash

congrats mate :stupid:

all i,m doing is the poo corner daily , stay well away from the nest for the next 2 weeks .

if you have to have a peek , then dont touch the kitts or bedding ,

a mate enticed the jill out of the nest ( just the once ) at feeding time with some ferretone so we could have a quick count , worked a treat .

i,m feeding my jill on dried JWB 40% protein , raw chicken , bits of rabbit and lactol milk . with 14 kitts she needs all the help she can get B) .

was just looking out of the patio window and have just watched three of the kits trying to make a great escape, and then got dragged back in by trinny, was quite funny to watch, they are so cute. and quite light in colour.

cheers

flash

Its too early to tell what colour they will be, they all get light white covering's firstly regardless of colour. Give it a week or 2 and you will definately be able to tell which are albino's and which are other colours.

I can't wait that long!

thanks alex.

/Mad

need to line up new homes for mine .

what to do ---- give away or sell , to try and get some food costs et c back .. :blush:

You shouldnt of bred then if that is the case. Im with the Cambridge ferret welfare and rescue society and we get in 2-300 rescue ferrets in a year from people like youself who breeds ferrets with no homes for them.

If in doubt, dont breed!! There are 3 other ways of taking a jill out of season.

Alex

:blush:

Thats the way to do it flash! Get em homed before they are born, or be prepared to look after them untill they are.

The mother seems layed back enough mate, id just take a good long look and count them. My jill last year was layed back so when she was drinking goats milk i counted them all.

Alex

I think Darren's jill was pregnant when he got her. Pretty sure she was a rescue herself, so the kits were not planned by him.

Flash, how are my ferts doing?

Love the pic you sent by MMS last night, tiny little things. Pocket sized!

:-)

/mad

the problem is she got them almost wrapped up in a towel as the nest, so it may disturb them if i try and look, i think ill give it time before i do. whats ur opinion on letting her havea quick run around the garden, to give her a break. maybe then i can have a look.

cheers

flash

ps the garden in ferret proof.

ferret boy 111

what do you mean people like me , i think you,ve got the wrong end of the stick .

:angry: right to put you straight , i did not breed the jill . i rescued her from the stables she was hungry and covered in ticks .

the RSPCA would not take her etc , etc , .

i took her home and phoned Carl from the Radcliffe ferret rescue , he came to my house de-ticked her , sprayed her , and talked me into keeping her .

at that time shes was in season ( vulva swollen ) , 2 days later she was out of season , i mentioned this to the ferret rescue , and came to the conclusion that she had come out of season because i had kept her in her temporay cage in the garage ( less daylight ) .

any way 2 weeks later she had 14 kitts .

i phone carl at the ferret rescue whooops was his reply , no ones fault , tried to find its owner , but no takers , so i became the ferret rescue ,

£100 on a cage

transport box £15

several bags of JWB

shavings

paper

hay

chicken

mince

rabbit ( free )

lactol milk .

and thats just for her , the weaning starts soon , i,m even coverting a spare shed to house them

and thats the story so far .