KwikFit Add On Night Vision rigs - reduced prices for 2017

Dave-G

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

only use on rimfires. the problem with the one I have is it was made for a different scope and it's not adjustable. so it's very tight pushing onto the scope and just doesn't feel very secure and is easily knocked about so I'm forever fiddling with it.

Ah OK. Might be best to use private messages rather than keep bumping this thread - I'll PM you.

Over the last couple of weeks I've used my setup from Dave 5 or 6 times, last night I had a really good session with 32 rabbits and a fox making a total of 100 since having it. Used with my Vortex Crossfire 2 you can see out to 400m comfortably with rabbit eye shine out to 600+ and fox eye shine out to 800m+.

I could have made one for less but by the time I'd messed about the time could be spent doing better things. Unless you want to make one of your own as a hobby in its own right, then Dave's is the way forward!

post-59530-0-50818200-1487409728_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I now have EVO KwikFit Add On night vision rigs under way: With either a 38mm, 50mm, 67mm or a 75mm torch head - or no torch head if the buyer already has or wants to source another head size for an existing EVO torch. This has become practical as the IR pill is compatible with each head size - and I can solder it in without waiting to customize it to a specific buyers requirement.

The base price is £230 with integrated torch tube (ONLY)and 3 memory mode 850nm pill - or as follows with the following EVO heads:

£248 with a 38mm head.

£260 with a 50mm head.

£270 with a 67mm head: The last photo shows how close the 67mm head is to an 8x56mm scope objective bell.

£280 with a 75mm head: This option is very likely to foul a 56mm objective bell scope.

RMSD P&P is £13.

You might want to save a tad and purchase your own torch head - that saves me tying up my pension and I save a little on P&P too. :angel:

DSCF7032_zpsje77j2ry.jpg

DSCF7034_zpslnru6r0h.jpg

DSCF7038_zps2w35yrzk.jpg

DSCF7042_zpskri5fw5d.jpg

DSCF7027_zpsuufd1zwr.jpg

A reminder to potential buyers who have not noticed the smooth eyebell on my scope: The Collet Chuck camera adaptor is not suitable for a scope that has an illuminated retical module on the eye bell. Also adjustable parallax is needed (down to about 10 yards if ratting is likely)

For anyone who doesn't know what an EVOLUTION torch is take a look, it's sold under various UK brand names, this is from: Torchfactory.com

evolution-torches-evo-torch_zpsvjb2hqyu.

Edited by Dave-G

• 1 month later...

Dunno how I missed those 19th March posts. :no:

Wildfowler: Glad I've seen that video, if you slip a piece of beer can shim under the torch at the front so it aims a bit higher in the monitor you'll get less swamping of the image - and further range.

PM's in progress with Lee. :good:

received my set up on Friday Dave, thanks very much for prompt despatch.

I'm waiting for batteries and a charger to arrive before I can get out and use it but first impressions on build quality are excellent.

I'll post a report when I manage to get out.

thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2017 at 20:52, belly47 said:

hi Dave can you contact me please as my unit has an issue I need to talk to you about please

Oops - I've only just found this while searching for my past content and replied to Ian's email.

While I'm here I'll put up a photo of the newer spec and explain I have dropped the EVO part of the title so it doesn't get confused with another that used the name EVO in the past and also following advice to slightly rename it to avoid any issues with a tyre fitting company.

QWIKFIT ADD ON.JPG

Edited by Dave-G