best welly boots

colin lad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a pair of Le Chameau leather lined and zipped, they lasted me for 11 years before they began to leak. Good boots for standing around in (not the warmest though) but very, very heavy to walk in. From some of the comments on here the new one's are lighter, which in my opinion they needed to be. I have a pair of Aigle Parcours now, they are okay but very tight around my calves, also the rubber feels quite thin. They are comfortable enough but doubt they'll last to long!

I swear by muck boots. I've had a pair of the chore ones for over a year now and I hammer them. Still look like new and fit like gloves.

+1 I use mine all season beating and shooting, I wouldn't have anything else. I have had a blackthorn go through the neoprene but it could happen with any wellie!

+1 I use mine all season beating and shooting, I wouldn't have anything else. I have had a blackthorn go through the neoprene but it could happen with any wellie!

I hate muck boots, both the old and the new. The most uncomfortable boots bar none, and when the neoprene eventually wears away at the heel say hello to massive blister city. I have to say though, I live and die in wellies, not just the occasional use during beating season.

I tend to buy boots based on fit now nothing more. If its a £10 pair or £200 pair i buy them if they are comfortable.

The cheapies may not look the best but after a few miles i am not crippled and my feet are dry then they have done the job, many a time i have seen people in premium boots hobbling about.

I currently flit between Hunter Classics (when they were made in the UK i bought 2 pairs due to the fit) and a pair of £10 ones i picked up for the garden because they are so comfortable!

If I had a penny for every time I've read "people with expensive guns can't shoot as well as I can with a cheap one".....but people "hobbling about" in expensive wellies :lol: That's a new one even for me :)