Enfield, Lee No4 Mk1* Other

Enfield, Lee No4 Mk1*

£350

Other Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition huddersfield, West Yorkshire
bolt action, -, -, - barrels
Img_1870 Img_1872 Img_1875

Description

Perfect for re-enactors or collectors, here we have a 1944 lee enfield No4 Mk1* which you can own on your SGC! This is still chambered in .303 but has a smooth bore and has the magazine welded in place and restricted to 3 shots in total - perfect for blank firing without the hassle of having it on an FAC (or worrying about ruining rifling!)

I would consider swaps/px for a Martini Henry, martini enfield, reloading setup, Franchi Affinity one or .223 AK/AR-15

This is for sale to SGC holders only (not a VCRA etc item)

Any questions feel free to ask

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member d3ets. Message them here

Replied

This is definitely still chambered in .303, the bore is smooth and the magazine is welded and restricted (can only hold 3 in total - 2+1)

Ideal for firing blanks or .303 shotshells (home loaded or if you can get your hands on the originals!)

most 303 seem to be smoothbore to 410 are you sure this one is not the same

My two bolt action shotguns are chambered in 7.62x53 & 6.5x55...but I'll see of I can ram a .410 up the chamber as the wording on the certificate & proof marks could both be wrong

Back in the sixties and seventies many were advertised as .410 shotguns. I think this is one of them.

Aye, many were converted to 410...MANY weren't!

The ones kept in original .303 caliber were for easier use with then cheap .303 blank ammo.

Seen much 410 blank around?

Magnum arms did a lot of the conversions of these and lots of other mil surps in the 70s.You could choose to get them either full bore,or .410 or with the rifling taken out and left in the original chambering. I have a 1906 made Gew98 mauser that's converted by them to .410.Got the sales catalogue too.

Aye, many were converted to 410...MANY weren't!

The ones kept in original .303 caliber were for easier use with then cheap .303 blank ammo.

Seen much 410 blank around?

That makes sense. There was bucket loads of .303 blanks at every TA and Army Cadet headquarters.

Bit of buckshot and a rammer and you had an effective muzzle loader too.

At the cadet unit I belonged to (1950 - 54), we got the back axle off some old banger, welded it to a .303 breach and used it as a grenade launcher for army thunder-flashes.

It would hurl one about 150 yards. Poor mans mortar.

Those were the days.