Been offered a ex demo BSA R10?

rob-d

thanks for that info,

anyway back on track! does this model or any pcp for that matter require much servicing other than regular cleaning etc? are the seals the main thing that needs attention or is the regulator unreliable ?

Also as i have not had a pcp before what are your thoughts on bottle or pump for filling??

Many thanks Rob

not being a pro air rifle shooter and going only on what john bowkett told me when i had the mod done, he said if gun is not in use i should dry fire it at least once a week, not let it get completely empty of air and to only use a special grease for the filling adapter seals and any other seals that i wish to keep in tip top condition. i cannot think of the name it at the moment, quite expensive for a small bottle but he said you only need a very small amount.

i believe dry firing is to stop seals sticking and not letting gun run completely run empty has something to do with when refilling the integral seals can fold in on themselves which then cause a leak.

i did have issue with something like this before i found out the tips from John.

i was told by local rfd to try and rectify the air leak after trying to fill was to when filling let air in to gun with quick short bursts, this and pop the seal back the other way, in my case it worked for me.

i am sure others may disagree with what i have been told but i leave it up to you to decide

all the best oh and bye the way mates wolverine now sold

I have a R10 mk2, it's spendid. Only mod I made was to camo-tape the barrel/mod/air and oil the wood; I can consistently shoot in about 1 inche at 30 meters off the shoulder (I only shoot off the shoulder, with a strap-brace) and when I zero it off a cushion I get within a 5p piece at that distance. Best gun I ever had, consistent, lovely trigger, good magazine. Only problem is that it IS possible to double load it if you don't use the safety switch as some sort of reminder. I know it's not just the R10, but I think it'd be reasonably easy to get something stopping you from double loading...

And the wood on mine is very nice; not 'fancy shotgun' nice, but no grade 1 either!

I have a R10 mk2, it's spendid. Only mod I made was to camo-tape the barrel/mod/air and oil the wood; I can consistently shoot in about 1 inche at 30 meters off the shoulder (I only shoot off the shoulder, with a strap-brace) and when I zero it off a cushion I get within a 5p piece at that distance. Best gun I ever had, consistent, lovely trigger, good magazine. Only problem is that it IS possible to double load it if you don't use the safety switch as some sort of reminder. I know it's not just the R10, but I think it'd be reasonably easy to get something stopping you from double loading...

And the wood on mine is very nice; not 'fancy shotgun' nice, but no grade 1 either!

I spoke to the BSA guys at the midlands fair last year about this problem saying if Hatsan can incorporate this mechanism in their rifles costing a lot less why can't they. They just shrugged their shoulders.

The vast majority of bsa pcp users dont double load their guns.

If you keep doing it ? Then you just need to get into a system that you can remember .

I know, but sometime in the excitement of the shooting, you forget. It's really easy to do. My method normally is to reload /immediately/ after shooting and then set the safety on. However, if you get excited prancing around to get your prey, it's easy to miss a beat...

I reload after a shot automatically. Mainly because you may not have time to reload before the next shot (plus the BSA loading click can be heard 20 yds away). The key is to have a routine and stick to it.