One for the gym goers

djrwood

Will it not depend wot the OP is actually wanting?

If it is just weight loss and to get a bit fitter I'd say supplements are a waste of time, are most not for bulking up?

Is there not supplements like ketones or anti oxidents that might be more benefical than ur traditional weight training supplements

Even ur training regime will be very different to someone trying to bulk up.

Not saying don't do the different weight lifting sets as more muscle will increase ur metabolism. Just ur sets/rep numbers will be different.

I know when I was younger I struggled to shift weight despite doing a lot of weights and I just bulked up below the flab and looked fatter (but I was drinking quite heavily/socially at the time)

But I'd say cardio will be equally important, if not more so. Nowadays a lot of trainers advocating H.I.T training (which is basically a new word for far tlek which someone mentioned earlier)

They're was even some studies which reckoned doing 3 or 5 sets of 30-40secs completely flat out (after a warm up) 3 times a week was actually better (VOx, blood sugar, weight loss and general fitness) than doing a 1 hour workout 3 times a week

A big rookie error lots of people make is thinking they have to do lower weight more reps to "tone up".

Lifting heavily stimulates your muscles more and increases the chance of holding onto more muscle mass whilst losing fat.

HIIT and any type of cardio can burn calories but isn't required to lose weight, if you eat less calories than you need you will lose weight. If you eat more calories than you need you'll gain weight.

Unless your on steroids it's very hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, you may get stronger but to add mass you need to eat at a surplus. To lose fat at a deficit. Fat doesn't turn to muscle and muscle doesn't turn to fat.

People will often look more muscular when they diet down because their is less fat covering their muscles, they'll normally not gain any muscle mass.

Lloyd90, those a re some of the best bits of advice I've read on any forum, I used to do competitive bodybuilding years (MANY years) ago and there's a lot if dodgy info on the internet, one of the other quotes going around are "abs are made in the kitchen not the gym", great advice and spot on, supplements are handy and convenient but not required, they're the easiest way to get quality protein into a meal (much easier than trying to neck 2 chicken breasts and a potato before heading off to work).

Lloyd90, those a re some of the best bits of advice I've read on any forum, I used to do competitive bodybuilding years (MANY years) ago and there's a lot if dodgy info on the internet, one of the other quotes going around are "abs are made in the kitchen not the gym", great advice and spot on, supplements are handy and convenient but not required, they're the easiest way to get quality protein into a meal (much easier than trying to neck 2 chicken breasts and a potato before heading off to work).

Absolutely mate. 90% of people would be fine doing a bit of weight lifting 3x a week, throw in a bit of cardio for all around health and eat a balanced diet focusing mainly on lean meats, minimally processed carbs and healthy fats, then get the odd small treat now and again.

Healthy diet low carbs and phentermine 37.5

A banned drug? Kiss your licences good bye if caught with those. Also could lose your licences for being associates with people of dodgy character, as they're illegal to sell.

Probably highly unlikely I admit ...

A banned drug? Kiss your licences good bye if caught with those. Also could lose your licences for being associates with people of dodgy character, as they're illegal to sell.

Probably highly unlikely I admit ...

It's available on prescription isn't it?

It's available on prescription isn't it?

It might be, I'm not sure how likely a doctor is to prescribe it though.

It's a common diet drugs that's illegal to sell without a prescription, but most users don't have a prescription.

It's probably most likely bought over the Internet these days. Would you want to buy a prescription only controlled drug off a stranger on the internet who's willing to sell it to anyone? I'd prefer not to personally.

Eat less, move more.

I laughed the first time I heard it bit it's true.

I can only tell you what worked for me, so don't take it as gospel.

I cut out as much sugar as I could, limiting my intake, as near possible, to 27 grams a day.

I made sure I was drinking LOTS of water.

I ate 3 meals a day and tried to make sure that I had a varied diet including plenty of fish, chicken and red meat.

Gym sessions were 4 times a week, starting with 30 minutes of cardio and then on to weights/machines.

I tended to favour the bike or rowing machine for cardio as they give a fluid movement with low impact on my joints.

I did the same as you for weight training by mixing it all up so my body wouldn't get used to a regime.

I went from 22 stone to 18 stone in 10 months, then I levelled off.

For me though, cutting out the sugar seemed to yield the biggest improvement.