Which oil

Mark M

Electrolube LWP free if you have any mates in the army and it smells good ;)

LB

AD90 from work, better than aftershave.

However best smelling has to go to red canned PTFE containing lube from bike shops (H....whatever) :blush:

Are you on about GT85 Snakebite? That is the red canned spray for bikes and does smell nice aswell!!

Electrolube LWP free if you have any mates in the army and it smells good :o

LB

AD90 from work, better than aftershave.

However best smelling has to go to red canned PTFE containing lube from bike shops (H....whatever) :lol:

Are you on about GT85 Snakebite? That is the red canned spray for bikes and does smell nice aswell!!

OK the GT85 appreciation needs to be formed :lol::oops: this stuff is damned good and it stinks nice

i use a silicone cloth/ everybody has warned me not to, but my hw 85 has just been sold in mint condition after -10 years of weekly shooting in all weather,never put your gun away wet, take it out of the gun bag and dry it with a absorbent towel and re lube put the gun bag over a radiator to dry,, pointless sticking it back in, and regardless of what youve heard dont put oil in a modern air guns port hole, it,l do more harm than good!!!

If it is varnished then it's Mr. Sheen, if it's oiled then stock oil.

Oh and I am now using "Cross Country" oil on my rifle barrell and bits, it is a chain lube from Halfords, very waterproof"!

For the moving bit I am using a "dry lube" with p.t.f.e. in it. Also from Halfords and it has improved the action 100%. I use them on my bikes and thought it would work on the gun.