BSA SuperTen Mk2

dave_mackenzie

Hey folks, my first post here, just bought a BSA Superten Mk2 .22 with the 10 shot mag, just wondering, does anybody have one of these? what is the gun like etc, unfortunately it wont be charged up until tonite so im just gathering info in the meentime! soo far i think its a nicely crafted gun, the bolt action is a bit tight, but smooth nonetheless, the one thing i am looking for is a silencer as the version i have didnt come with one (its the slip-on version) if any of you have one of these guns, please feel free to give me some info and what you've scored / killed with it

good good, one thing i've noticed soo far is: mine is the mk2 and has the round base buddy bottle, ive seen on the bsa website that the type of bottle shouldnt be used anymore, does anyone know why? is it potentially dangerous or something!!! :good: unfortunately i cant use the gun yet as i dont have an adaptor, and need to buy a divers bottle or pump, does anyone know how much an adaptor is and a place to find a cheap stirrup pump?

my front garden is 15 acres and its like tellytubby land with all the bunny's at 8pm, i really do want to post some long range headshots on the forums eventually so i'll need all the help i can get with anything regarding charging and the best type of pellet :good:

Well mate, BSA's tend to like Accupels - mine gobbles them up, but as each gun is different the best thing to do is to try a few pellet varieties and see which one seems to be most consistant for you gun.

You may be able to find a stirrup pump on the for sale section here, I recall one not so long ago being posted, if not then fleabay. You are going to pay £70 - £100 for it though so don't be under any illusions of getting it much cheaper.

The only info I know about the buddy bottles is that the first ones were made of steel and the flat based ones are aluminium, you can always buy the alu replacement for about £70.

:good:

Well mate, BSA's tend to like Accupels - mine gobbles them up, but as each gun is different the best thing to do is to try a few pellet varieties and see which one seems to be most consistant for you gun.

You may be able to find a stirrup pump on the for sale section here, I recall one not so long ago being posted, if not then fleabay. You are going to pay £70 - £100 for it though so don't be under any illusions of getting it much cheaper.

The only info I know about the buddy bottles is that the first ones were made of steel and the flat based ones are aluminium, you can always buy the alu replacement for about £70.

:good:

or If you go cheap, you could get in touch with BSA and see if they have any cosmetic seconds going. They are always cheap, if you don't mind the odd tiny scratch. :good:

Wicked, the only reason i wanna use the rifle is because using a shotgun on rabbits and rats is cheating as you're guaranteed a kill every time!!! have you seen the damage an 1890 bisley hammerless ejector does to a rat at 10 yards? :good: i guess i'll keep the buddy bottle, i just didnt want to use it just incase there was some fault with them!!! maybe it was the fact that it weighs nearly a kilo? im gonna try a selection of pellets, although the ''predator ballistics'' have caught my eye, a lead punch with a plastic spiked tip? anyone had experience with these yet? :good:

im gonna try a selection of pellets, although the ''predator ballistics'' have caught my eye, a lead punch with a plastic spiked tip? anyone had experience with these yet? :good:

They look like a dogs **** and they fly like one.

They are a novelty item that you don't need to waste your money on. No I have not tried them but have heard they are rubbish. I'm not going to get any to prove they are rubbish either"

Got an annoying update on the gun, a member of the family went down to the local gunsmiths in southampton and took the buddy bottle in for a refill (bearing in mind that this gun has only been filled once by previous owner) and the guy at the store panicked, the bottle is leaking! luckily he had a spare which he sold for £20 (cheap!!) but unfortunately couldnt fill the gun because he only had 80psi left in his bottle :blink: so now it looks like im ******** for the rest of the week till i can get time off work, i just hope this gun isnt jinxed!!!!!

Hehe, got the gun pumped up this afternoon, went out with the gun on the fields, got a 60 yard shot of a 3lb rabbit, hes going in a game pie tomorrow lunchtime, shot him with a std ..22 bisley wasp, pellet went through the eye, out the other end, i'll load up some pics tomorrow when im back from work :blink:

60 Yards is max range for a BSA Superten at FAC levels IMHO,not really for sub 12ft lbs - more like 35 max.

If its the full length barrel version mine likes AA Field in 5.52

And if its any help i have a Superten silencer for £15 posted.

Enjoy the gun.

Wicked! unfortunately i havent got anything in the paypal account at the mo but i could send cash by recorded delivery? yes i promise that i shot the rabbit at 60, the rifle is currently 19ftlb's so ive been told, im about to go out shooting again with my phone mounted on the barrel (nokia n95) so i'll load up some lovely shots, the rabbit was just inside a forest by my house so to be honest there was no tail winds, also aimed just a tad above his head to compensate the distance, pm me your details and i'll have the money off by monday morning :good:

Wicked! unfortunately i havent got anything in the paypal account at the mo but i could send cash by recorded delivery? yes i promise that i shot the rabbit at 60, the rifle is currently 19ftlb's so ive been told, im about to go out shooting again with my phone mounted on the barrel (nokia n95) so i'll load up some lovely shots, the rabbit was just inside a forest by my house so to be honest there was no tail winds, also aimed just a tad above his head to compensate the distance, pm me your details and i'll have the money off by monday morning :good:

oh ok didn't realise it was FAC air, although 19ftlbs is a tad low, for .22? Normally FAC S10's push out around 24ftlbs i thought?

Dan

Thats exactly what i said to my friend, im not sure if was done professionally, but i thought the usual steps were 12ftlb, 24ftlb and 36ftlb? 36 seems quite high and apparently it can kill the rifle after a while?

From the below:

http://bsaguns.co.uk/?ID=26

S10k: .22: @ 20ftlbs

S10 .22 @ 28ftlbs

As for knackering the gun, dunno I imagine more power would increase wear and tear on seals etc, so more regular servicing/seal replacement but I can't see it doing any serious damage. Not a PCP user so nowhere near as informed as others!

Dan