F3 Blaser - gone back already

ME

Having handled Munglers weapon on a few occasions I took the plunge on Monday and bought a Blaser F3.

I took the new Blaser (secondhand) out on Saturday and put 200 cartridges thru it scoring a respectable 44 on my best round.

When I got it home there were fingers prints on the metal of the action. I tried getting them off whilst cleaning it, but it wouldnt have it. :look:

I took it to Essex Gun and they have send it to the UK importers. :good:

I feel like a kid who has been given a new toy only to have it whipped away again !!!

Having handled Munglers weapon on a few occasions I took the plunge on Monday and bought a Blaser F3.

I took the new Blaser (secondhand) out on Saturday and put 200 cartridges thru it scoring a respectable 44 on my best round.

When I got it home there were fingers prints on the metal of the action. I tried getting them off whilst cleaning it, but it wouldnt have it. :oops:

I took it to Essex Gun and they have send it to the UK importers. :good:

I feel like a kid who has been given a new toy only to have it whipped away again !!!

LV,

These marks are easily explained. As they are ***** Guns and we all know ****** like scrap metal. It would seem that in the process of said ****** nicking the scrap metal they forgot to wear gloves and thus they prints were moulded into the "HOT" (Stolen) scrap. :look: :good::good:

Seriously though, whilst I have seen both Mungler and MC shoot well with their respective Blaser's, they have both suffered problems with theirs and now you too. It would seem on face value that these guns are a lot of money but have yet to have the teething problems ironed out on them.

SS

These marks are easily explained. As they are ***** Guns and we all know ****** like scrap metal. It would seem that in the process of said ****** nicking the scrap metal they forgot to wear gloves and thus they prints were moulded into the "HOT" (Stolen) scrap. :good: :look: :good:

Seriously though, whilst I have seen both Mungler and MC shoot well with their respective Blaser's, they have both suffered problems with theirs and now you too. It would seem on face value that these guns are a lot of money but have yet to have the teething problems ironed out on them.

SS

Regardless of the fact it is going back I am very pleased with the way it shoots. On Saturday I cracked a load of fast away birds and high crossers that I have never managed to get before with my old Beretta.

I hope to be giving Mungler a run for his money when I get it back. He is already worried..... :good:

Matt, did it come with the full set of Brilley factory chokes?

If you want a set of Teagues I'll email you the details of where to buy.

Yes it came with 4 Briley (extended ?) chokes. It seems to work OK for me how it is. I am gonna run with it how it is for a bit before I start mucking about with it too much.

So if you used Munglers did it not mark in the same way?

If you have and it didn't, are we saying it is made of different metal?

As for reliability..

I was at the Game Fair at Blenheim when John Bidwell was demo'ing the yet to be released Blaser to the masses and it wouldn't fire the second barrel :good:

That was a pre-production gun, but I can't help feeling they lost a few potential customers that day..

No idea mate.

Essex Gun said that some peoples hands are more acidic than others, blah, blah, blah.

There was a post on here a way back about earlier guns going back to have a coating / lacquer put on them to stop the marking.

If you were to use Browning Legia oil when cleaning your gun and wipe over it when you are done with a rag with Legia oil on it this forms a protective coat and will stop this. It may be worth checking with ALan Rhone because I believe that Blaser were recoating the actions on the early ones as there was a problem with fingerprints on them.

And BOL***KS to the ***** comments, it is P****NG me off. the blaser is a quality gun from a very well repsectable Gun maker.

Your scores will improve when you get used to it's SUPERIOR handling and the trigger pulls which I found to be very light compared to my old Winchester.

If you were to use Browning Legia oil when cleaning your gun and wipe over it when you are done with a rag with Legia oil on it this forms a protective coat and will stop this. It may be worth checking with ALan Rhone because I believe that Blaser were recoating the actions on the early ones as there was a problem with fingerprints on them.

And BOL***KS to the ***** comments, it is P****NG me off. the blaser is a quality gun from a very well repsectable Gun maker.

Your scores will improve when you get used to it's SUPERIOR handling and the trigger pulls which I found to be very light compared to my old Winchester.

Good tip MC - I've been keeping a close eye on mine for this, especially as its so humid here but so far so good.

Wots with all the ***** comments? Somebody must be jealous.....

nail hit well and truelly on the head, NB :lol: :lol:

I don't think it is jealousy over the gun though, just the scores they produce :lol:

Not only does the trigger read your mind but the stock moulds itself to fit you perfectly.

nail hit well and truelly on the head, NB :good::yes:

I don't think it is jealousy over the gun though, just the scores they produce :lol:

Not only does the trigger read your mind but the stock moulds itself to fit you perfectly.

Every Shooter has his mental weakness and it seems that I have found yours.

As to the scores, having seen you shoot with the Winchester, Beretta Semi and the Blaser I would have to say that I don't believe that there is a lot in it. You could shoot well before hand and have improved, but not because of the gun, but because of the fact that you have been shooting a lot and have been able to build up more sight pictures and nail the *******.

It is true that confidence will give you extra birds, but had you still got the Winchester after all the shooting you have been doing, your scores would be the same if not better owing to the length of time you have had the gun.

Regarding the ***** comments, I seem to remember it was you that called both the gun and cartridges that, not me, its stuck so live with it. As for being jealous, I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You like the gun, I hate the gun. You like those cartridges, I hate those cartridges. Each to their own and if you don't like it TOUGH. If anything I would say it was admiration for you striving to better yourself each time you go out.

So chill out and enjoy the banter, you ***** gun cartrdige lover you :lol:

SS

I know two people who have owned Blazers,and sadly both have had problems,

the first bloke had the same problem as you Louis ,and it is nothing to do with rusty fingers,earley Blazers had a problem with the action staining from hands,

The second bloke had Two Blazers,and both had the same problem,once he had fired them he had a very hard job to open them,

you could open and shut them with or without cartridges in them no problem,but once you had discharged the cartridges,he had to break the guns across his knee to get them open.

He has given up on them now and moved on to a Perrazzi,

its a shame as they were nice looking and handling guns .

Well after the little escapade at high lodge with my Blaser it has not given even another hint of trouble, so lesson learnt. Make sure that it is spotlessly clean after every use.

SS,

You say you hate the gun and cartridges yet you have not used either to any extent. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. And they certainly produce results. Now if you are happy jogging around at the back then fine, me personally want to get better and be able to beat the current people at the top.

I have to disagree with you completely about my shooting with my Winchester, I had reached a plateau with that gun and could not get off it. The Blaser has helped no end as it fits me perfectly, moves with me and points we I am looking and also the balance is second to none.

Every person that has handled it and shot it has commented on the handling and about how good it is and also how light it feels even though it is actually heavier than most.

You don't like it fine each to their own just stop keep knocking it as I said earlier it is wearing thin. Find something else to harp on about like my grey hair or something just change the record it is getting boring :yes::good:

• 3 weeks later...

I should have kept my mouth shut on the subject of stains/marks. Got the F3 out of the safe yesterday only to discover some small spots near the saftey catch. Their tiny but.... :good:

I know they weren't there when I put it away after cleaning last time out. B*gger.

Never mind the marks or the ***** comments, what about the opening line?

Thank God ! I thought that my double-entendre had been wasted. !!! Fnarr! Fnarr!

Yours

Finbarr Saunders