are cooey singles any good?

strimmer_13

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, some good shooting and fishing lots in that sale, good luck for the cooey:good:

I had a look this morning. front is wobbly and just don't feel tight. I'm gonna leave it. but the aya cosmos next to it seemed ok

also felt the Hungarian lot no 84. like that. built like a tank. see how it gos

I used to have a Cooey when i was a teenager, also had an Argyll, AYA Cosmos along with the Cooey.

If i had to rank the guns in order of quality it would be 1st Cosmos 2nd Cooey 3rd Argyll.

I too split my lip the first time i fired one of the singles i think it was the Argyll.

17 hours ago, 39TDS said:

You are going to sell a BRNO 22 to make room for a Cooey? :no:

got to really. due to circumstances here I can use the shotguns but have to travel 200 miles west to use the brno. Tried joining a gun club but they are full so with renewal next year I might as well sell before they tell me too. I'l post it on gun watch this weekend cheap 

I had a Cooey .410 bought new in 1960 for £11 pounds 10 shillings having saved up my paper round money for what seemed an age. Box of Eley fourteen cartridges from the local hardware store, cannot remember how much, but one box lasted a long time. For me this was an upgrade from the folding Belgian 'poachers' gun made in their thousands. Both guns accounted for many stalked rabbits sold to the local butcher for 3 bob each. Also used to take the odd rabbit to school for dissection in biology and got 2 and 6d for a rabbit but 3 bob if it had tapeworm (quite common) as it was more interesting to the rest of the class. I bet that wouldn't happen today. Also, our art master was a keen wildfowler and often used to bring in a teal, wigeon or mallard for us to draw or paint. Again, something that just wouldn't happen these days.

OB

Hi 

had countless singles over the years still have one or two in my cabinet 

they are a very versatile gun though sadly out of vogue now probably because of clay shooting (pairs) and driven days where the second barrel is handy if you’re unlucky enough to wound a bird with the first 

shooting has changed in my youth you would be hunting for the pot walking miles for a opportunity or just carry your gun around your snares so the single and a few cartridges was all anyone needed 

anyway enjoy your gun 

All the best 

of

6 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

I had a Cooey .410 bought new in 1960 for £11 pounds 10 shillings having saved up my paper round money for what seemed an age. Box of Eley fourteen cartridges from the local hardware store, cannot remember how much, but one box lasted a long time. For me this was an upgrade from the folding Belgian 'poachers' gun made in their thousands. Both guns accounted for many stalked rabbits sold to the local butcher for 3 bob each. Also used to take the odd rabbit to school for dissection in biology and got 2 and 6d for a rabbit but 3 bob if it had tapeworm (quite common) as it was more interesting to the rest of the class. I bet that wouldn't happen today. Also, our art master was a keen wildfowler and often used to bring in a teal, wigeon or mallard for us to draw or paint. Again, something that just wouldn't happen these days.

OB

I'm going off subject a little here but I was at the pet store the other day, £15 for a frozen rabbit for the snakes. I appreciate they won't want em full of lead but the ferret lads are missing out here.

£15. Gobsmacked.