Close range wolf or eagle

Phil9

I'm going to be doing a lot of rattin in the coming weeks so need advise on the nitesite wolf or eagle a close ranges 10-30 yards! Anybody who's had any experience with either I would greatly appreciate your feed back, thanks phil?

phil

I have the wolf complete with the rangefinder its a great bit of kit its on my hw100 for ratting 30 seconds to fit but also plenty good enough for rimfire and above 

it is crystal clear on my rifle at all ranges I use an old 1980 3-9x50 tasco scope with japan optics and adjustable parallax  its a very clear scope which I think makes a difference on the image you see

there are dozens of videos on youtube of people shooting rats with the nitesite ranges of nv kits just type in nitesite rats

Edited by shawn9914

10 hours ago, Phil9 said:

What close up distance was you shooting the rats at mate??

Phill the range is down to what scope you use as been said front or side parallax i was shooting them within 3 mtrs out to 15 mtrs no problem at all mind you it was with a rimfire

Brilliant fellas thanks for all the feedback,, iv got 5 different rifles all with different scopes on,,hawke sidewinder to Swarovski so are all pretty good clear scopes,,but thanks again for the info??

5 hours ago, Phil9 said:

Brilliant fellas thanks for all the feedback,, iv got 5 different rifles all with different scopes on,,hawke sidewinder to Swarovski so are all pretty good clear scopes,,but thanks again for the info??

Careful with the swarovski... You might find the glass will filter out ir/uv due to stalking elements, rendering the nitesite poor to useless. They doesn't work well on my mates swarovski or my meopta scope.