Nightforce Scope

Hodmedod.one

Just been informed by a US supplier that Nightforce won't allow them to sell scopes for export.

They also said that I would need an export licence to ship a Nightforce to the UK, and provided a link to the government webpage that confirms it.

Obviously an export licence would have the value on it and I would then get stiffed for £300 of duty so it would be the same price as buying one over here.

Anyone tried it (or got any ideas)? Must be legal, of course :good::lol:

I carried a Leupold Mk4 LRT back into the country from the US for a mate of mine.

It later turned out I broke the law as they have mildot reticles they are classed as 'tactical' by the US Government - oh well :good:

So.

Hand carry is my tip, if you can get someone to act as your 'mule'

Pavman maybe . .

I was in san antonio in 2005 and I purchased a nice tasco scope, to get in and out everyone had to take off belts shoes put all coins or any metal on a tray and you had to walk through a scanner, the luggage was x rayed this happened even when we caught the short haul flight fromAtlanta to San Antonio. I put the Tasco in my wifes suitcase and allthough the luggage was x rayed several times no one said a word, go for it! :good:

Living in Canada and trying to import defence or tactical items is a nightmare (they have a funny definition of tactical.) The problem for us here in regards to hunting type firearms and accessories is convincing the American side to let me export it, not my country letting me import it. I am still trying to get a couple long guns across the border that were given to me. Even when they are a gift, if they over a certain value, taxes have to be paid on it.

I just Googled the document covering the export of "Optical Sights for Firearms.

ECCN 0A987.....US Department of Commerce. Bureau of Industry and Security.

Fine of up to $11,000 per item.

Have a quick look through the list of items that these poor **** were getting done for. A lot of it is air rifle quality.

Midway Arms

Argentina? OK, maybe a bit dodgy, but Canada? Get real. That is like England refusing to sell to the Scots and Welsh.

Land of the Free :good: