HMR17 what is the normal accuracy.

muncher

NO HMR (V-Max type) ammo is better than any other, you may well (will) get some batch variation, but the ammo is all as exactly similar as possible.

FAR more so than any other caliber I have ever used.  You can switch between Winchester, CCI, Hornady, Federal, Remington etc and if someone was loading the mag for you, you would never notice the difference.

Without doubt there are bad batches, but all being =, none is better than the other. 

The vast majority of HMR is ALL made by CCI anyway.

I know some will come back and say I always use X, Y or Z in mine, and its much better than the rest, try some others again!

And the same applies to split cases, no "brand" is immune!

21 minutes ago, Dekers said:

NO HMR (V-Max type) ammo is better than any other, you may well (will) get some batch variation, but the ammo is all as exactly similar as possible.

FAR more so than any other caliber I have ever used.  You can switch between Winchester, CCI, Hornady, Federal, Remington etc and if someone was loading the mag for you, you would never notice the difference.

Without doubt there are bad batches, but all being =, none is better than the other. 

I know some will come back and say I always use X, Y or Z in mine, and its much better than the rest, try some others again!

100% agree . As far as I'm aware only the New Winchester ammunition is not made by CCI.

My cz452 varmint barrel thumbhole stock .17 HMR will put all shots from a 10 shot mag loaded with various brands of ammunition into a ragged hole at 127 yrd ( read up this zero was the most efficient ) rest across the bonnet or wing mirror of my truck.

11 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

100% agree . As far as I'm aware only the New Winchester ammunition is not made by CCI.

My cz452 varmint barrel thumbhole stock .17 HMR will put all shots from a 10 shot mag loaded with various brands of ammunition into a ragged hole at 127 yrd ( read up this zero was the most efficient ) rest across the bonnet or wing mirror of my truck.

Yeah, I actually asked CCI if they made ALL the HMR a while back, this was their response!

MJ

cciexpert <cciexpert@ATK.com>

Reply|

Tue 29/10/2013, 17:37

You

Deker, we don't make Winchester 17HMR ammunition and there may others.

Make Every Shot Count!
Justin M.
CCI/Speer
2299 Snake River Ave
Lewiston, ID. 83501
Edited by Dekers

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

But everyone knows the red tips are better than the blue ones and the grey are just plain nasty... ?

49 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

But everyone knows the red tips are better than the blue ones and the grey are just plain nasty... ?

Load mine up like a traffic light in the 10 shot mag, red one first, then a grey one, then a black one, the only ones l keep separate are the 20gr hollow points and they are in a 5 shot mag.

Even mixed in the A17 CCI's it's made no difference to the subject on the receiving end they all fallen over.