Caesar Guerini vs Beretta?

wildfowler.250

Sabel 25 I haven't shot one but handled the new Browning Crown in 20 bore and it came up perfectly for me. Would be a joy to shoot,even though virtually all Brownings don't fit or suit me. Had two Cynergy's and sold them.

I think CG will be a brand that gets bigger and bigger in the future.Being more in tune with trends and moving with them. Never know they may make a gun I will buy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browning's never used to fit me either but I have recently bought a 30 inch 12 bore Crown and it fits me fine and handles like a dream, a lot faster than the 32 inch variant I tried alongside it. I also have a 30 inch 20 bore Browning UK Hunter and that too fits fine, they have virtually zero cast and are higher in the comb than they used to be.  Browning are upping their game it seems to me.

On 22/11/2018 at 19:20, das said:

I have owned 2 CGs, a Summit trap and a Summit Ascent, both had a factory 'soft' laquer finish on the wood, no doubt about it. I have refiniished quite a few stocks over the years and my CGs were definitely laquered. 😒

Hmmm... Either you're mistaken or CG have been lying for 15 years.

I agree the finish looks a bit like lacquer because the grain is fully filled and it's also a bit soft, just like any oil finish, but if you check on their site you'll see they sell a stock maintenance kit to keep it re-oiled. They wouldn't do that if it were lacquer.

As I said, it's an easy mistake to make and a good few people including some dealers refer to it as lacquer but I assure  you they're incorrect. Every CG stock is hand rubbed linseed.