.22 handgun petition, please sign and share.

Pointy Hat

I was absolutely gutted when we lost our pistols, it was my passion and I would dearly love to see a return, even with just .22's. However, I think that some of these petitions are counter productive. 

Far from showing the powers that be there is a genuine ground swell of opinion is support of the cause, it shows how little support there is. I guess this petition will peter out at around 5-10,000 signatures and fade into the sunset. In another thread on this forum there's a post stating BASC now has 155,000 members, if all of these members signed, from just one organisation we would be half way there. This campaign needs to be co-ordinated at a national level and the associations really need to encourage their members to vote/sign. It's really not good enough to think why support .22 pistols when I only shoot driven game/wildfowl/clays what ever.

10 hours ago, 1066 said:

It's really not good enough to think why support .22 pistols when I only shoot driven game/wildfowl/clays what ever.

though like most other parts of the shooting community, its what people will think and do. I haven't, dont shoot pistols and probably wouldn't even if I could, but id not stop others who are law abiding do so for competition etc. 

Edited by ShootingEgg