CO2 Offset On new Cars

pavman

Proof that its nothing more than an extremely well conceived stealth tax serving as a good example of the double-standards we have to live with.

Same thing as politicians using chauffeur driven cars to move around London and voting to impose Co2 offsetting "taxes" on us...

Oh yes, and the zero congestion charge on that new hybrid 4x4 with a V8 under the bonnet. Don't even get me started on the Prius.... I was chuffed when the main motoring bloke in the Sunday Telegraph did a two page rant on how **** they are. Hell, my frontera gets al;most the same mileage as one of those does on long journeys and my car only cost 650 quid!

I used to get 19mpg in the M3. I get 22 in the V6 Fronty, 27.1 in the V6 Touareg and over 40 in the missus's VW Fox ;)

I offset our carbon footprint by not farting.

If I'm paying £400 for car tax then I'll bloody well drive what I like......

Si

That is soooooo irresponsible! You should be recycling your farts to allow your car to get an even bigger mileage!

Stay where you are, I had a Stilton burger for lunch and I feel the need to do some recycling near your desk......

:-P

we've just got an LPG van as a trial to avoid paying the congestion charge, does 30mpg on gas and a tank costs £20 bargain motoring but I'm struggling to see why its so environmentally beneficial compared to a diesel doing 50mpg

I brought a new Jeep this year, i could have brought something a bit smaller but i refuse to be pushed around by this governments so called green taxes. I am fed up with this government trying to give the impression that this little country of ours is entierly responsible for emissions, carbon footprints or whatever else they choose to call it. I suspect the millions that they raise from this ends up in Iraq.

i drive a 1.4 litre diesel it does anywhere from 55mpg (absolute lowest its ever been) and 100 mpg, i have a tiny carbon foot print.

I justify this as the other 2 cars in the family are a 3.0 and a 4.0, i feel this way my family has an insignificant carbon foot print :blush:

Jesus! Why don't you just go out and club a baby seal now you heartless ********!

Apart from that, I agree 100% with NorfolkBoy... there's sod all point in us being green if the US, China and India keep buring oil like they are doing...