Sign in to follow this  
Whitebridges

Eriswell GC ( Formerly Lakenheath )

Credit where credit is due. Eriswell have made a huge leap of faith in these tough times.

Delighted to see the progress on the new shooting lodge. The traps and the target are great and one day soon you can see Eriswell high up on this list of clay shooting venues.

ewell4.jpg      

ewell2.jpg

ewell3.jpg

Yes great to see the Lodge coming along nicely, now all they need to do is to employ some decent referees for their competitions!

Ref's who don't want to accept cards, make poor decisions and struggle to communicate!

Is it any wonder the CPSA keep refusing to give them any Championships.

A 70 mile drive is bearable for good targets and good hospitality but until they sort out the refs it will not get any of more my money when there are so many other good shooting grounds around that don't have the same problems.

I spend a lot of time shooting in the Suffolk area, and it is great to see a ground investing so heavily in our sport. I have always enjoyed comps and visits there with 0 issues.

I wonder if you bought up your gripes with the ground on the day, before posting them online? The ground can make a difference and work towards change when they are actually aware of things. 

With all CPSA based comps you have the joy of a jury, and you can take these queries to them. One of the few grounds I know of who use about 90% qualified refs.... 

Hadn’t been over there for ages then went couple of times in last week , what a change ,it’s great and with the new club house being built can only get better , it’s a great sporting lay out , plenty of sweet , a new under cover down the line and I think four dedicated practise stands , I wish the new owners all the best for the future and any one who visits I don’t think you will be disappointed  ( food in the cafe is good as well ) 

Thanks for the positive comments, i'm sorry to hear TC doesn't have anything good to say. 

One day the "ref" issues will be resolved maybe.

I'm not a serious clay buster shooter more the twice / thrice a month keep my eye in type of merchant but if you compare the old Lakenheath GC ground ( i was a member there)  this facility is heaven sent!

Friendly staff, regularly changed layouts, brilliant canteen, nice shop. Managers that care about their customers.

Great progress at Eriswell and I for one appreciate everything they are doing to make clay shooting a better experience.               

We went in the middle of the summer last year, at the time I wasn't overly impressed but it was ridiculously hot and there wasn't alot of cover. 

I go back in the spring time and give it another try. 

Lakenheath used to be great, but then they ripped out all the trees and cover.

The only issue I have ever had is they won't accept you had no birds unless you ring them when it happens. That said I do fancy a crack at floodlit skeet one evening

I would say to everyone go and have a try there ,it is so different to the old lakenheath , as prev there’s floodlit skeet  ,an indoor dtl and plenty of sporting stands that cover anything you may come across in the field ,