New ferret at last!!!!

Madcowz

Ok,

after months and months of getting their Court ready, laying concrete, new roof, walls doors etc etc and getting more and more excited as each day went past... one of my new ferts has arrived.

Drove up the M25 with my daughter after work, just missing the huge accident and miles and miles of tailback on the A13 and collected our fert from Stubby (top bloke, was good to meet you )

The polecat is mine, we are calling her Ophelia (going for a Shakespeare theme for the trio. The hob when he arrives will be called Cornelius and yet to decide on the other jill), the silver is for someone else. She is staying with us until Friday when my other two arrive from the other litter, at this point the other owner will collect her one (that is if we haven't fallen in love with her by then, oops too late). This saves her from having to travel all the way to Dartford to collect, and gives Ophelia company before her new friends arrive.

Here they are tucking into freshly shot rabbit. They literally flew out of their hammock when I waved this in front of them. Thought they had grown wings! And yes, that is dried food in the bowl. Temporary measure while I restocked my freezer.

/Mad

688htf9.jpg

61la55k.jpg

6c6oqr5.jpg

4m807ix.jpg

oi hedley, that aint favoritism is it, the poley got a bigger bit of rabbit :(

good looking pics, my eldest son came and picked up the same combination yesterday

i love the colourings of the silver, in my litter i got silver mitts and polies, hopefully the ones madcowz getting, should settle right in.

You're lucky fellows, Mrs P. wont let me have a pair :good:

I need some redeeming features to try and persuade her that they'll be an asset, any ideas?

P.

Let her see a couple of kits playing around, that gets them every time.

If you have any Country Fairs near you, take her along, they often have a large ferret display area.

Madcowz, you should have named the jill "Princess", as she lives in a Palace. :( :good:

just get the hutch ready without her knowing,

then buy 2 young jills

leave 1 in the carry box in car

take the other indoors, give to her without hesitation and say

look what i found in a dustbin......

aknowledge anything she says, but say over her words,

give us it back, ill sling it back in bin...

wait for the ooohhhh you cant do that, job done

or.......

put ya foot down and get one