OW....OW......OW

Lancs Lad

It hurts..............just got home from hospital after having some cartilege removed...........

Seems to hurt more than last time........................

Going to be a few weeks of feet up and no shooting........******................you lot better keep me occupied with interesting banter and jibes..

It hurts..............just got home from hospital after having some cartilege removed...........

Seems to hurt more than last time........................

Going to be a few weeks of feet up and no shooting........******................you lot better keep me occupied with interesting banter and jibes..

Wot size cartridge was it - 12 bore or 20 bore :D:oops:

Time to fit a recoil pad methinks :yes::)

Well, you asked for banter and jibes.

Don

Hi Neighbor,

Well seeing as your laid up for a couple of weeks and possibly still under the effects of either the anesthetic and/or the painkillers, you won't mind if I borrow your Air Pros?

Oh, you might as well tell me where all your permissions are (and the name & tel no of the farmers)

So now I've got the gear and somewhere to go it would really help if you lent me your gun and let me have a few hundred cartridges. Sorry, that's being a bit greedy, I'll bring me own gun.

Don't suppose your good lady could rustle up a bit of breakfast could she, it's hard work shooting on an empty stomach, nothing much but a full English would go down nicely (Strong coffee not tea, 1 sugar)

Just give me a pm to let me know what time you want me to start, but not too early, I like a bit of a lie in.

Regards

Mr Potter

PS Get well soon.

Unfortunately, arthroscopies are just stop gap operations until the joint wears out IMO.

I had five of them on my right knee over the years and the benefit never lasted that long.

Eventually had it replaced in 2005, best thing I ever did.

Knee_3.jpg

Bloody hell.........make me feel good why dont you.

SO.........gonna start calling you the bionic man................

Mr P.........cheeky ******.............wife says how do you want your saussage..........

Bloody hell.........make me feel good why dont you.

SO.........gonna start calling you the bionic man................

I must confess that I would not have wanted to see that X-Ray, before I had my operation. :oops::yes::) :yp:

However, if/when you have to have it, you will be very pleased afterwards, that I promise you.

lazza, I was one of the youngest people to have a knee replacement, that hadn't been involved in an accident. :P

"Life begins at 70". :D

Cranfield,

Could do with an honest opinion on replacement knee joints I am due to have both replaced and have had mixed comments.

Mine are both worn joints due to CP, and over use and crutiate ligament repairs (not good).

PS running/ WALKING long distances with heavy weights IS NOT RECOMMENDED without proper foot wear.

Brian

Unfortunately, arthroscopies are just stop gap operations until the joint wears out IMO.

I had five of them on my right knee over the years and the benefit never lasted that long.

Eventually had it replaced in 2005, best thing I ever did.

Knee_3.jpg

Looks like long john silver, yo ho ho an a bottle of.......... no we wont go there :oops:

:D D2D

The operation to replace the knee is painless....because you are asleep.

IMO the post op is less uncomfortable than recovering from arthroscopies, as all the things that hurt, are no longer there.

The muscles, ligament and tendons ache and are sore for a few days, but very bearable and the physio helps ease them.

I was passed OK to drive after 4 weeks, being a good boy on the physio and passing all the tests.

Do what you are told, do the exercises, swimming is the best, don't over do things and you will be OK.

It does give you back the complete mobility that a worn joint takes away.

No more aching, soreness, swelling, clicking, giving way, etc., etc.

If I ever have to have my left knee done, I would go in immediately.

Take it thats a dose of bergen rash to the knees lancs lad..

ZB

Nah mate....but did have problems when I was in..........Nothing that Ibuprofen and ultrasonic treatment couldnt sort out...

Original op came from a bit of a wakeboarding accident......Board tipped forward and twisted one way,,,,my body went the other and with the feet being strapped in....well..........it went erm......POP.............

This is the second op in 2 years. Doc said was a bit more messy inside this time...was going to sign me of for 4 weeks.....told him to do 2 weeks as boss would go up the wall.....We settled on 3....

Fingers crossed that I might be up and running by the time mr farmer is drilling.....got no chance of getting out when he is harvesting...All i need is for the foot to go down into a rut and jar my knee and Ill be on my ****....

This is the second op in 2 years.

Ahhhhhhh, the slippery slope, I recognise it well. :P

Bandages off...............I now have 3 knees............(ON ONE LEG)

Up and mobile........but cant bend it.................Im now substituting pain killers with real ale............

JESUS..........

ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD DRUGS...............

Climbing the bloody walls....................or I would be if I could............

Will swap a beretta AL391 for a bit of cartelidge or some good opiate based pain killers

Lol, Actually I still have some of my wifes old post caeserian horse tranqs which ARE opiate based...

I took one for my knackered back a while ago and spent the next six hours just wiggling my right foot and staring at it :)

Anyway, face to face exchange for your 391 please ... :good:???:D

Disclaimer, I am not genuinely offering lancs lad drugs for guns, before pc plod swoops on my humble abode and carts me off :)

ZB

JESUS..........

ANYONE GOT ANY GOOD DRUGS...............

Climbing the bloody walls....................or I would be if I could............

Will swap a beretta AL391 for a bit of cartelidge or some good opiate based pain killers

Lol, Actually I still have some of my wifes old post caeserian horse tranqs which ARE opiate based...

I took one for my knackered back a while ago and spent the next six hours just wiggling my right foot and staring at it :)

Anyway, face to face exchange for your 391 please ... :good:???:D

Disclaimer, I am not genuinely offering lancs lad drugs for guns, before pc plod swoops on my humble abode and carts me off :)

ZB

Disclaimer.....I am in no way accepting ZAPS offer of quality hard core tranqs.......

However.........Im willing to pay petrol money and a fiver each..................

Up and about today............No doubt I will pay for it tomorrow...............

Pain killers that I have been given make me go a bit..........erm.....headded...............but not quite enough..........

So..........face to face.........Ill swap you.........erm...a fiver for some pills........ :blink: :o :( :( :D

:) Hi lanks off work from the 10 for 7 days ill stick the quad in the van and come up o and i will bring some of those pink painkillers 600mg and the morph shot then you wont give a dam about the pain or sod all else :)

Want to get out next week....wife already giving me the roll eyes......

Anyone willing to carry my sack....