Speckled wood.

JDog

There are no pigeons in these parts. If there had been I would have been out after them and there would have been some of my usual dreary reports about my outings.

Butterflies have taken a bit of my time the last two days. The garden has been filled with the usual suspects feeding on Verbena bonariensis which is great to see. Bee numbers have fallen of late. This little beauty decided to enter my house and die, which is a great shame. I have seen them out and about in woodland and on areas of wild grasses before but never in a domestic situation. The colours are just wonderful.

Pictures Speckled wood butterfly..jpg

Apart from the more common varieties I am not clued up on the rarer ones , last week I went part of the way around the nature trail at Hickling Broad ,a couple of people were taking a close up photo of a Swallow Tail butterfly, lovely colours and you can see where it got it's name from .

By the way ,  excellent photo and THANKS for sharing , another one I will keep an eye out for .