shooting on golf courses

dazbrit

Hello all, just after a bit of advice. I recently took the dogs for a walk on the local golf course and was amazed by the number of rabbits there, every single bunker was covered in holes and the green keeper had been putting chicken wire over the holes to keep the rabbits out. I am going to ask at the golf course if they require my services to get rid of the bunnies, but would like to know if anyone else has shot on a golf course first. Do they usually let you shoot? If someone shoots on a golf course i would be grateful if they could give me a few pointers to get my foot in the door so to speak. thanks a nd keep up the good work. Great forum.

Hello all, just after a bit of advice. I recently took the dogs for a walk on the local golf course and was amazed by the number of rabbits there, every single bunker was covered in holes and the green keeper had been putting chicken wire over the holes to keep the rabbits out. I am going to ask at the golf course if they require my services to get rid of the bunnies, but would like to know if anyone else has shot on a golf course first. Do they usually let you shoot? If someone shoots on a golf course i would be grateful if they could give me a few pointers to get my foot in the door so to speak. thanks a nd keep up the good work. Great forum.

I shoot over a small-ish golf course and yes they are usually happy to let you shoot the rabbits as they do all sorts of damage. I phoned the golf course and asked if I could make an appointment to go and see the secretary of the club and also the head greenskeeper, as it was on my particular golf course the greenskeeper was also team captain. I went along to see them (dressed presentably) and they were only too keen for me to start as soon as possible, been shooting it ever since.

I shoot over a small-ish golf course and yes they are usually happy to let you shoot the rabbits as they do all sorts of damage. I phoned the golf course and asked if I could make an appointment to go and see the secretary of the club and also the head greenskeeper, as it was on my particular golf course the greenskeeper was also team captain. I went along to see them (dressed presentably) and they were only too keen for me to start as soon as possible, been shooting it ever since.

Thanks for that taffy. i,m going on holiday for a couple of weeks, so when i get back i'll get in touch with them and i'll let you know how i got on.

I suppose you could start shooting as soon as the light starts to go as the golfers should be gone by then. Early morning wouldn't be much good niether as a lot of golfers start playing at first light to avoid paying for the round.

I know someone with a pest control business who charges £40 per visit to the golf course to shoot rabbits, but he is only allowed to shoot at night to save upsetting squeamish members I suppose

Wheres the golf course Fullbore. I'm originally from Leeds so i might know the course.

I shoot 3 golf course's one I got when they phoned me as they were having probs with rabbits and scallies with shotguns, and when they called the police they said why dont you get someone to control them for you and the scallies will keep away if they know someone is around shooting them? and they gave the clubs green keeper my name and tel number, this one I only ever shoot at dawn, I pick on area then get there just before dawn and pop them off as they come out, I usaully get a couple of hours before the first early bird golfer arrives , the others I only shoot at night, as ther are always lots of people about dog walkers etc.

cheers KW

I know someone with a pest control business who charges £40 per visit to the golf course to shoot rabbits, but he is only allowed to shoot at night to save upsetting squeamish members I suppose

Wheres the golf course Fullbore. I'm originally from Leeds so i might know the course.

Its the one at Cleckheaton, I suppose what I'm trying to sa is, dont be to eager to volunterr your services for free if they are willing to pay 40 quid per VISIT, if you dont want to charge that, a bit towards fuel and bullets wouldnt go amiss

Just got in after shooting on a 9hole golf course i aquired permission for last weekend !! do exactly as the other threads says and aproach head greenkeeper/ owner dressed smartly and talk politeley, it was all i did, spoke to the landowners daughter who said she would speak to her dad, and hey presto 30 mins later her dad rings me asking for a meeting, went and spoke to him and got written permision for 20 acres of land !!!( handy for F.A.C application )

hope you get it !!! :good: :(

shaun :)

Ask the greenkeeper what hours he works, never mind the golfers.

The one I shoot the greenkeeper starts work at 6am or 5:30am if he can't get it all done the day before :lol:

Golfers don't tee off til about 8am.

It is nightime or very early mornings for me.

Great places though, nice short grass all year round <_<

I shoot FOUR no serously i do and it is mostly local councils that give you permission but if it is private then the owner will gv u it they like the bunnys killd only at night and in heavy snow fall so give it a goo nothing to loose ;)