Pigeon Magnet

george123456789

I was wondering if a pigeon magnet could also be used as a rook magnet? will they behave the same as pigeons do towards a magnet? I only ask as most of my permissions have more rooks than pigeons on them and if i were to buy a magnet solely for pigeon shooting it may not be worth my while... Does anyone have any experience of using rooks on a pigeon magnet rather than putting dead pigeons on it?

Thanks in advance, George

I have tried crows on my magnet and yes it does work if placed in the right place along with crow decoys on the floor. I have found that if you place the magnet away from your decoys on the floor by about 25yds or so that attracts them better than placing it close, but I suppose its all trial and error and some have probably had better luck placing it closer. :good:

Also I found that crows work and Jackdaws don't - no clue why that is.....the crows will attract all but the Jackdaws won't :blush: :blush: :blush:

Over the last 3 weeks we have used crow decoys on the magnet to great effect around 80 birds every time. Although, the birds were decoying well without the magnet, so it would be hard to say what the differance was between having the magnet and not having it.

Would agree that crow on a bouncer set up 30 yrds away from decoys on the ground can be every bit as effective

• 4 weeks later...