Newcastle united

NorfolkAYA

I don't know if there is many football fans on here but I am an avid toon fan. 

If you could take a minute to sign the below petition it would be great. What the premier league have done to Newcastle United and the North East in general is disgusting.

Pete 

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-an-independent-investigation-into-the-epl-takeover-process?recruiter=1137084864&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=df2d73c0-d34a-11ea-a137-c3e7aa4d8c3d

1 hour ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Because of the geopolitical war between Saudi and Qatar. Qatar have a big influence over the premier league hence they will not sign of the Saudis taking over Newcastle 

It has nothing to do with football

As far as I can tell the Premier League completed the due diligence regarding the financing of the proposed takeover and found that the Saudi Government was behind the bid. That alone would disqualify the takeover, never mind the question of human rights abuses in that country.

I have always wanted The Toon to do well, that part of the world deserves a top level football team, but I feel that this was a narrow escape.

3 hours ago, washerboy said:

All football clubs screw over fans. 

Liverpool shirts for next seasons. Kids with badge and name £126..

Who in the right mind would pay that, who gets away wanting to charge that! 

Our son-in-law, a Liverpool fanatic, buys our grand-daughters each a new shirt every year with their names and current ages on them. I hadn't realised that they were so expensive.

The girls do play football in them every weekend, though and I suppose it teaches them how to deal with boys at an early age. They are both fierce tacklers.

2 hours ago, NorfolkAYA said:

I disagree sorry, man city is owned by the UAE state, and Sheffield UTD is owned by a Saudi royal family member.

This is very different. MBS was named as Chairman, but was according to the group not that involved with day to day running, but there was no evidence to show exactly what the links were to the Saudi Government. MBS is the Saudi government, so if he was involved and in particular involved in the backing, then it makes the bid ineligible, rightly so. As to the issue of Man City, the money is not coming from the UAE government, it's coming from a separate, private enterprise (albeit with members of the UAE government in it). The money that's financing Man City is not state money. The Premier League couldn't work out if this would be the case for MBS's involvement or not. I'm quite contented in what the PL did. Nobody wants a football club funded by hazily defined parameters, it's how football ends up being politicized. 

And the TV rights? Qatar's bought the rights fairly. At the very least MBS' government has done nothing to shut down the illegal TV showings - and is probably actively encouraging it because Qatar has the rights - and are banned from showing it in Saudi Arabia.