FAC air rifles

RICH ACK

hello again all . i've just completed filling in my application for an FAC air fifle ( first fac ) . i have one referee who countersigned my shotgun cert but the only other one i can think of is a good friend of mine who is an ex sergeant-major in the british army of 20 years service . could anybody tell me please if he would be able to be my other referee :lol: my first referee is a qualified engineer . any feedback much appreciated :lol::oops::lol:

The police would rather hear from a good friend of yours who knows you and your circumstances much better than some professional sounding bloke who might know who you are rather than what you are. They are getting an opinion from two people who know you well enough to decide if you are a sensible guy with a stable frame of mind.

I had my dentist countersign my SGC but then I had my shooting partner who already has both SGC and FAC countersign and my area manager..... they were more concerned about my area manager as they said he wouldn't really know my personal life outside of work, but they accepted his signature. Apparently someone who currently possesses a SGC and/or FAC is favoured to act as a referee because its deemed that they know exactly what the Firearms division are looking for when asked if an applicant is suitable.

I got my work mate / supervisor and a mate who has a SGC and FAC to sign mine.( .22 Rim and .22 Fac AIR Rifle) the police are happy to accept other SGC and FAC holders as refferees as they know that they are trust worthy people. other wise they would not have a SGC or FAC in the first place

Good luck :rolleyes:

Kipper B)

Doctor's hostility towards countersigning SGC applications originates from the anti-private gun ownership stance of the BMA. It seems they still are firmly deluded that licensed gun owners are the people that commit gun crime. Stupid I know but thats just the way it is. Like some of the spew the NUT brainwashes teachers with.

Obviously Doctors who shoot themselves and some generally rural-minded ones arent as sheepish as the rest. The other problem of using YOUR own GP as a countersignature or referee is that it might cause problems regarding the police suspecting bias if they request a medical report.

My SGC application was countersigned by a registered electrical contractor with his own business. Most established and accrediated skilled-tradesmen will qualify to countersign. As for referee's: Two adults with clean records and good reputation who have known you for two years or more are fine.

mr_colt.