TV Sensationalism? Police Sensationalism?

Chard

The news in Manchester is tonight full of sensationalist film of two silly teenage girls pointing "guns" in the street in Manchester - somebody has filmed them. The newsreader makes blatant comparisons between this and the gun culture sweeping British inner cities currently.

They're XXXXXXX BB guns! You can even see the pellets coming out of the end!!!!

Now I'm not condoning these two silly ***** firing these things in the street, they look as if they're boozing as well :) but it strikes me that as a piece of media reporting, it's a cheap sensationalist piece of scaremongering **** :lol:

I can just imagine Mr & Mrs Average, sat in front of their TV, tut-tutting and vowing never to venture out, as there are people touting guns in broad daylight and laughing into the camera about it ;) :blink:

Why the hell is there a need for full size replicas of any type of gun ? You dont get small willied rambo wannabes with full size replicas of Purdeys, nor do post offices get raided by scum toting a .243 replica.

Who suddenly decides they have a small penis but a full size copy of a James Bond gun will make up for it. They serve no purpose what so ever, they are owned by people who have no real grasp of reality at all.

Ban replica guns full stop is my veiw, defy anyone to put a reasoned argument for the existence of plastic ****.

The laws are fine, but it needs a police force willing to get off their backsides to reinforce them to make them work.

I heard a story about a couple of rather large eastern european guys turning up on a business mans doorstep, telling him not to buy a building on Kings Lynn docks. He invariably told them to get off his doorstep or he`d phone the Police, to which they advised him that would be bad for his health before showing him the pistols they were carrying. Needless to say he didn`t buy the building but only made that decision after he`d told the Police about it & they said they couldn`t do ought without him supplying evidence. I always thought the Police would be duty bound to investigate ought like this.

Since the Police changed from a force to a service they have lost their independence from government & their backbone.

I always say each to their own but I really fail to see the need for replica firearms or see any use they could possibly serve. I once walked into my brothers and there was a replica SA80 rifle on a chair which belonged to a **** of a mate of his - I couldn't believe how lifelike it was, even when viewing it closely.

And thats my point - his mate (who was in his twenties) was a **** and I'm afraid fitted my stereotypical image of the sort of guy who would own such an item. What the hell he used it for I've no idea but knowing him it would no doubt have been to show off, point at people to scare them or maybe just pretend to some unknowing fool he was in the Army. Why do they make them? It's one thing to run around as kids with a toy gun (which always LOOK like toys) it's another to brandish a life size replica.

Youre being the same as the anti's now chaps. Nowt wrong with replicas, its the ***** waving them about in the streets!

I used to do a lot of airsoft in my teens with full size metal replicas of american m16's etc, great fun but we never ever would get them out in the street. They would be treated the same as a real firearm. Too and from the game sites the guns were kept inside a slip and only removed and loaded up when safe to do so.

By saying ban them youre no better than the people who say ban guns. Just because its not your thing youre keen to rid of it.

I always say each to their own but I really fail to see the need for replica firearms or see any use they could possibly serve

People like to collect firearms for their nostalgic value, others beause the of the engineering that goes into them

A knife can kill someone, but because a few ***** decided to use them as weapons.... What next, ban any object thats sharp!

This fu(kin country is getting silly now and is mainly down to the media putting these thoughts in our heads cos they got nothin decent to report on!

Moan over

Cheers

Jon

I think rap music has a lot of influence on these young people, the most popular eminem 50 cent (G unit) ja rule and others that I cant remeber. In their videos their is always a hoodies, drugs, drink and lots of guns or pistols not a good mix, especially with young people.

And you got to remember these people who carry these guns they are most likely from poor estates and basically they did not care when they were at school they failed their exams and when they school finished they expected to get a job just like that. But not the case and they just give up, which leads them to crime to make a living.

My conclusion put them into work like an apprentiships and hopefully that they will take the right route after that. Or bring back National service but this has to be done carefully my brother is in the army and he said that if they did this the army would spend to much time in training these people knowing that when they finish they would probably go back to normal

I have a lot more to say but you would probably get bored so thanks for reading

so what can be done about it not a lot, the tighter you make the law the worst it gets,

The more laws and order are made prominent,

The more thieves and robbers there will be.

Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu

Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

This guy knew a thing or two 2500 yeasr ago!

It seems to me that 'Blairs Britain' bought in so much legislation when he was in power that he'd have us all walking around in bubble wrap! Now parents are ordering kevlar school blazers from a company that makes slash proof hoodies.

I'm sorry but the problem to me seems to be lack of policing on our streets, to much red tape when caught, too light sentences when finally found guilty, and too many law breakers hiding behind 'human rights'!

And to this the single parent that gets looked after from my taxes for the rest of their life, and has no pride in wanting to work for a living (whats the point - I can get more on the dole), and passing this culture onto their offspring.......

We've made our beds, ladies and gentlemen. now we have to sleep in them!

Youre being the same as the anti's now chaps. Nowt wrong with replicas, its the ***** waving them about in the streets!

If there wasnt replicas what would they wave about ?

I used to do a lot of airsoft in my teens with full size metal replicas of american m16's etc, great fun but we never ever would get them out in the street. They would be treated the same as a real firearm. Too and from the game sites the guns were kept inside a slip and only removed and loaded up when safe to do so.

By saying ban them youre no better than the people who say ban guns. Just because its not your thing youre keen to rid of it.

Sporting guns serve a purpose, pretend ones do not.

I always say each to their own but I really fail to see the need for replica firearms or see any use they could possibly serve

People like to collect firearms for their nostalgic value, others beause the of the engineering that goes into them

Collect vintage firearms by all means, not cheap look a likes mass produced.

A knife can kill someone, but because a few ***** decided to use them as weapons.... What next, ban any object thats sharp! This is not a debate about knives, no one robs a bank with a replice knife.

This fu(kin country is getting silly now and is mainly down to the media putting these thoughts in our heads cos they got nothin decent to report on!

Moan over

Cheers

Jon