Punctuality.

London Best

34 minutes ago, London Best said:

I just nipped into town for some cartridges. On the way I passed a minor accident which was causing traffic chaos. What made me smile was that there was a funeral stuck in the traffic. Some poor beggar was going to be late for his own funeral!

When my Dad passed away early 80s it was like a sketch from a carry on film, flowers went to the wrong address, and were late by 20 minutes Funeral car was planned to go from last place of residence but was changed 1 day before not everyone being notified. 

All the Funeral vehicles ended up traveling down the A38 for 12 miles at 80+mph the Vicar doing the service was outside the Crem looking at his watch. 

My Father passed away just before the big storm that turned Sevenoaks in to oneoak!

We had arranged for him to be cremated at Tunbridge Wells Crematorium.

Imagine our displeasure when we arrived at the given time to be taken aside and informed "we have no gas"

The poor old Funeral Director was beside himself with shame, he was so apologetic.

It was all down to the clowns at the Crematorium that could not use a phone to inform people.

My Father lay in state for a week and was duly sent off in smoke later than planned!

My father passed away in 1990 and the funeral was arranged at our local village church.  There was probably 400 people in attendance including one elderly person who had a heart attack in the church so everyhting was delayed. As my father was wheeled into the church an old farmer at the door said " I always said he would be late for his own fineral".  It lightend the day.