Private 1700 acres land looking for shootng partner

1251sun

I have just started shooting properly and because of friendly neaghbours have accuired 1700 acres of hunting land all to my self.I have not joined the local gun glub because of all this private land.I have a .17hmr and a shootgun.I released 200 phesant and would appreceate some help in vermin control.The land has 2 wooded areas, Bog land and grass fields with corn aswell.One of the conditions of being allowed to use this land is to control the rabbit numbers which are totaly out of control.Any entuseastic shooters welcome just replay to this and i will forward my info and if u could tell me what gaer u have would help me deside.

Which part of the UK are you ?

Eric

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just started shooting properly and because of friendly neaghbours have accuired 1700 acres of hunting land all to my self.I have not joined the local gun glub because of all this private land.I have a .17hmr and a shootgun.I released 200 phesant and would appreceate some help in vermin control.The land has 2 wooded areas, Bog land and grass fields with corn aswell.One of the conditions of being allowed to use this land is to control the rabbit numbers which are totaly out of control.Any entuseastic shooters welcome just replay to this and i will forward my info and if u could tell me what gaer u have would help me deside.

Hi, I can help you. I have a belt fed side by side, over and under fore and aft shotgun with a generation x nightvision rabbit shooting attachment.

I also have a pair of thigh-high bog stepping boots capable of wading through the deepest do-dos and a lever action .17 HMR with subsonic ammunition which will shoot the eyes out of a field mouse at 500 yards.

My best gear is an SAS cammo snipers smock which I bought from a guy returning from Iraq and is totally invisible in the dark. I can squeak a rabbit convincingly at half a mile and, with a ferret down my trousers can pull in the birds at most pubs and clubs.

I also have an eight wheel quad bike with lowered suspension and a bored out exhaust with spinners and blue underlighting and eight track stereo with 500 watts per channel.

Not only that, I've got a ballistics program on my cellphone which works out the best angle for shooting round corners and down rabbit holes. Theres no way the little suckers can get away.

Choose me :good:

welcome to the forum - not many members come in with such a hansome offer as a first post. Might have been a good ideer to give your location though me ole beauty :good:

East midlands with FAC air, .22lr and 17hmr.

Available Sunday/Monday evening/nights laying up or lamping. Closed certificate holder, held for nearly 2 years. Have a Cornish sense of humour but mostly a bit quiet till I need to say something.

since when 00020148.gif

000201A4.gif

Hi

I am very interested I have a good gundog and have plenty of experience in vermin shooting. I have 3 shotguns live in Blackheath (London and Kent boarders) location is not a problem for me as I travel upto Scotland often for shooting and on a good day with the dog I have shot over 300 rabbits I also have farms in Kent what I would be happy to share with any sensible person willing to do the same .

look forward to hearing from you soon