New Zealand covid cases up 300%

islandgun

4 minutes ago, Konor said:

I’d ask the nurses not to advise co workers to not wear masks as you stated in your earlier post and for all nursing staff to be vaccinated to decrease the risk of cross infection and I would think more of you if you valued other people’s lives more than your personal entertainment.

My wife has never advise anyone to not wear mask.  It has always been policy to wear mask while on the floor even pre Covid. The vaccine is available free of charge but she and some of her coworkers have opted out. Her body, her choice.  But we have the right to travel and enjoy life.  

2 minutes ago, Konor said:

Your postings have moved away considerably from your posting of 18 hours ago that I took exception to.

I not going to pretend we are not in a pandemic.  

People die in car wrecks every day,  and anyone who drives is selfish.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I'm really glad you know all there is to know, and that your particular environment you work in has perfected it, to the extent that without knowing others standards, you can criticise them.

You might have 40 years experience, but you certainly haven't learnt all there is to know - nobody ever does.

And let's not get started on the NHS' resistance to sharing best practice...we all know that discussion won't end well.

As it happens, I work in an international environment, and I learned long ago not to immediately spout off condemning different practices or approaches until I understood where they had come from, and why they were in place.

The principles may well be the same, but the rules for a hospital lab in Scotland, or a post-op ward in NC will be different, with good reason.

Your argumentative manner does you little credit. As you can read I did not state or infer that I had “ learnt all there is to know”

so you seem to be arguing with yourself. 

The procedures in place in a laboratory will take into account and reflect the danger and risk in dealing with individual organisms just as the SOPs in a nursing environment will reflect the danger and risk in dealing with patients infected with those same organisms.

can you expand on your last paragraph

Edited by Konor

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

My wife is on the front lines at the hospital.  She will tell you as will her nurse friend.  Wear a mask if you want, or don’t.  Doesn’t matter.  Life goes on or doesn’t.  The hospitals aren’t nearly as strained as the news are saying.  They are saying they are to keep the government money flowing.  And son that money is flowing! 

Why? 

I took the quote above as meaning that your wife’s co worker was advising your wife that it was acceptable to not wear a mask in their work environment. Apologies for that .

Just now, NoBodyImportant said:

Oh ok,  no it has always be hospital policy to wear a mask on the hospital floor.  

Having reread all your posts regarding your wife’s working practices I appreciate your confusion with what I was saying regarding professional standards sorry for the misinterpretation that led to that part of our disagreement.

14 minutes ago, Konor said:

Having reread all your posts regarding your wife’s working practices I appreciate your confusion with what I was saying regarding professional standards sorry for the misinterpretation that led to that part of our disagreement.

No problem, the hospital can’t control what goes on outside the workplace. Only what happens at the hospital. 

20 hours ago, Konor said:

The principles for infection control are universal.

Very broad statement, makes you wonder how we are in the position we are in if thats the case ?
Or do you mean the principles of infection control are universally poor, particularly in China ?

20 hours ago, Konor said:

Stick to the catch phrases you don’t seem to have either specific information or personal experience to draw on to contribute any insight.

Thats a very high horse youre sitting on there Sir, careful you dont fall off.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Very broad statement, makes you wonder how we are in the position we are in if thats the case ?
Or do you mean the principles of infection control are universally poor, particularly in China ?

The principles of infection control are the measures required to be taken to minimise the risk when working with or in the presence of infectious organisms. The extent to which those measures are followed dictate the likelihood of becoming infected or increasing the risks of your colleagues becoming infected. Does that clarify, Sir. There is endless amounts of information on Google if you are inclined to look but the source of my information is decades of post graduate experience. 

Just now, Konor said:

There is endless amounts of information on Google if you are inclined to look but the source of my information is decades of post graduate experience. 

I see , so you have worked in labs in every country, worldwide, and have experience in every scenario in the field of disease ?
And without exception those 'principles' are 'universal' because you have witnessed them practiced in every country , within every scenario ?

2 minutes ago, Konor said:

Does that clarify, Sir.

It clarifies that the horse was considerably larger than I thought.

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I see , so you have worked in labs in every country, worldwide, and have experience in every scenario in the field of disease ?
And without exception those 'principles' are 'universal' because you have witnessed them practiced in every country , within every scenario ?

It clarifies that the horse was considerably larger than I thought.

Your understanding of medical microbiology and medical laboratory practice is obviously zero. It would be possible to travel to any medical microbiology lab anywhere in the world and recognise common working practices and do a day's work based on experience gained in British laboratories

You seem to have strong opinions based on very little knowledge or experience.

Perhaps lockdown is forcing you to seek attention and entertainment in petty arguments. 

Do you have any first hand experience to back up your posts or is it  just all  arrogant grandstanding? 

2 hours ago, Konor said:

You seem to have strong opinions based on very little knowledge or experience.

Perhaps lockdown is forcing you to seek attention and entertainment in petty arguments. 

Do you have any first hand experience to back up your posts or is it  just all  arrogant grandstanding? 

Well , you are really just proving my point about the high horse are you not ?

And talking about arrogance ?

A man came on here , and gave you HIS experience of what life is like in a modern country 3000 miles away , he relayed what his wifes experience was like, working in a hospital in the States, YOU  decided it was completely appropriate to slag them both off , and question her professional qualifications,  this with absolutely NO knowledge of that scenario, or the operational/ working rules of that hospital/area.

"I work in a hospital lab in Scotland, so I know how every hospital in the World operates , and if they dont , they are all idiots !"

I would have a read back , and consider how 'professional ' you sound.

On 15/02/2021 at 13:59, Konor said:

The medical and nursing staff are more professional here in their role caring for vulnerable patients thankfully

On 15/02/2021 at 13:59, Konor said:

Sorry I get the feeling that you haven't a clue what you are talking about and are keen to promote a conspiracy theory rather than acknowledge reality

46 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Well , you are really just proving my point about the high horse are you not ?

And talking about arrogance ?

A man came on here , and gave you HIS experience of what life is like in a modern country 3000 miles away , he relayed what his wifes experience was like, working in a hospital in the States, YOU  decided it was completely appropriate to slag them both off , and question her professional qualifications,  this with absolutely NO knowledge of that scenario, or the operational/ working rules of that hospital/area.

"I work in a hospital lab in Scotland, so I know how every hospital in the World operates , and if they dont , they are all idiots !"

I would have a read back , and consider how 'professional ' you sound.

You seem keen to put words into other peoples mouths. Anyone can read over in context what I have posted and make their own decision. I stand by all I have posted.

You come across as someone who is more comfortable dictating strong opinion ,personally I would value it more if it was based on knowledge of the subject or experience in the field otherwise it’s just arguing for entertainment. 
As to who is the more arrogant I think trying to pass off generalisations as informed opinion is the height of arrogance , your view may differ it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Your lack of understanding regarding “ the principles of infection control” and equating it with a measure of the effectiveness of measures put in place to control infection demonstrate your poor understanding ,but it’s more about the argument than any insightful contribution ,right.

41 minutes ago, Konor said:

You seem keen to put words into other peoples mouths

Really ? Not sure how you've arrived at that ,

Did you not say to me...

3 hours ago, Konor said:

Perhaps lockdown is forcing you to seek attention and entertainment in petty arguments

I'm not the person telling others they dont know what they're talking about , or doubting their professionalism! Or having quips about my state of mind 'due to lockdown' 

It's quite amusing , listening to your boasts of intellectual superiority,  I'll give you that .

41 minutes ago, Konor said:

You come across as someone who is more comfortable dictating strong opinion ,personally I would value it more if it was based on knowledge of the subject or experience in the field otherwise it’s just arguing for entertainment

You see, I never made any claims to knowledge of the thread subject , did I? 

I merely pointed out how rude you were, and your retort certainly didnt disappoint, as you then went on a bit of a rant, to put it mildly. 

Anyway , this is probably going to get locked , so keep up the good work ect, and try to be a little more civil when you have to put the more lesser humans right.

Edited by Rewulf

28 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Really ? Not sure how you've arrived at that ,

Did you not say to me...

I'm not the person telling others they dont know what they're talking about , or doubting their professionalism! Or having quips about my state of mind 'due to lockdown' 

It's quite amusing , listening to your boasts of intellectual superiority,  I'll give you that .

You see, I never made any claims to knowledge of the thread subject , did I? 

I merely pointed out how rude you were, and your retort certainly didnt disappoint, as you then went on a bit of a rant, to put it mildly. 

Anyway , this is probably going to get locked , so keep up the good work ect, and try to be a little more civil when you have to put the more lesser humans right.

I think it would be fair to say your sole reason for becoming involved in the thread was to argue. You contributed little else. 

I find  your attempt at victimhood amusing and your assertion that I boasted of intellectual superiority doesn't tally with the posts. 

Your advice is falling on deaf ears, I don't think you are in any position to give it. 

On 14/02/2021 at 22:17, Konor said:

Sounds like you are saying that you are fed up being inconvenienced by restrictions and happy to accept any Covid deaths caused by not following restrictions aimed at minimising casualties.

Just a reminder of the post that started the disagreement , a statement that Nobody Important agreed with. Perhaps you should reread all the posts rather than just pick out the bits that upset you.

1 minute ago, Konor said:

Go back and read it

I am doing, so far you you've contributed nothing but reprimand and abuse, as a professional, it's quite shameful to take the attitude you have. 

You don't know everything and everyone Konor, you assume far too much about people, their lives and opinions, you don't know me, udderly or nobodyimportant, yet you are perfectly happy to make judgemental comments and question intellectual ability, whilst getting highly defensive when someone you consider a lesser intelligence questions your views. 

Go and argue with someone else now. 

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I am doing, so far you you've contributed nothing but reprimand and abuse, as a professional, it's quite shameful to take the attitude you have. 

You don't know everything and everyone Konor, you assume far too much about people, their lives and opinions, you don't know me, udderly or nobodyimportant, yet you are perfectly happy to make judgemental comments and question intellectual ability, whilst getting highly defensive when someone you consider a lesser intelligence questions your views. 

Go and argue with someone else now. 

Well that’s your opinion and not one I agree with. As I said your only involvement in the thread was to argue on a personal level and I was quite happy to accommodate you.