Fiocchi 20 Bore CFL 25FW

2 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

just been on site no7 appear to be all 2.4mm but some 71/2 are listed as 2.4mm and 2.3mm dependant on which cartridge,its the same with 6 shot some are 2.7mm and some carts are 2.6mm.

If my memory serves me correctly Fiocchi load a range for the UK market only ie. true english shot sizes. Also used the Pigeon Special which are very good too, and cheaper than the other brands "budget" range. To sum up Fiocchi are excellent value for money.👍

4 hours ago, 8 shot said:

If my memory serves me correctly Fiocchi load a range for the UK market only ie. true english shot sizes. Also used the Pigeon Special which are very good too, and cheaper than the other brands "budget" range. To sum up Fiocchi are excellent value for money.👍

Probably why Just Cart's haven't got any. :oops:

On 01/08/2021 at 11:01, 8 shot said:

Deleted, no such thing as 7s.

Edited by wymberley

15 minutes ago, Windswept said:

Wymberley, did you mean CFL or GFL? Did you find a true English 7 and what do you use them for? (Just looking at a 20 bore myself).

Yep, my mistake, GFL. Ever since way back before they changed ownership I've had a soft spot for Express - they ran a special order for just 2000 - don't think that'll happen now. Quite chuffed as that special morphed into a standard and is still in production. Have shopped about a bit for 12 and Gamebore had what I preferred, but now I've had to downsize I'm finding that 20 bore 7s are thin on the ground. I don't shoot as much now, firmly believe that the woodpigeon is worthy of respect as a quarry species and merits the best you can afford to throw at it. So Lyalvale Express Supreme Game it is. My last lot (clue there) were somewhat undersize at 375 to the ounce. I have just ordered some more and they are spot on at 334. The shot is well sized, round and bright. The 'Lot' in question are at JC.   

On 08/08/2021 at 11:19, Windswept said:

Wymberley, did you mean CFL or GFL? Did you find a true English 7 and what do you use them for? (Just looking at a 20 bore myself).

I must have been asleep. :oops:

There is a very nice older 20 bore at UK Gun Repairs which I can vouch for - provided SHS and double triggers are your thing.

10 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

What one?

It might not be on the For Sale bit yet as I only took it up last week. It is a Beretta S56E and if I say it myself, it's in superb condition. You could just have a look at the AyA 12 bore No 4 De Luxe if it's still there should you fancy a good drool.

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

It might not be on the For Sale bit yet as I only took it up last week. It is a Beretta S56E and if I say it myself, it's in superb condition. You could just have a look at the AyA 12 bore No 4 De Luxe if it's still there should you fancy a good drool.

A double trigger Beretta OU? 

Very interesting, I had assumed it was a SxS.