stinking waxies

fortune

Why do waxies have to smell like they’ve been liberally coated in rancid goat’s cheese? :) I dragged one out of the cupboard and I nearly fell over. Wifey gave direct instruction >> get rid of it outside to shed if you must have it. Anyone got any bright ideas for DE –RANCIFICATION. It' not even old.

Why do waxies have to smell like they’ve been liberally coated in rancid goat’s cheese? :lol: I dragged one out of the cupboard and I nearly fell over. Wifey gave direct instruction >> get rid of it outside to shed if you must have it. Anyone got any bright ideas for DE ��"RANCIFICATION. It' not even old.

South east of what continent mate :)

LB

I know where your coming from mate!! I got the same from my misses, they are slighlty better when you keep them warm I have found?

It's when they are left in a shed after getting wet that really does make them bad!! Will give up with mine after this season :)

Dean k

My 25 year old Barbour is back at Barbour for it regular service. They wash it, reproof it and fix any rips needed. This year it also need a new zip for the first time.

I send it back every other year now, first time it went in was 6 years ago.

It comes back looking great, not new but well worn and authentic! The reproofing they do seems far better than what I achieve at home.

You either love or hate waxed jackets, but I have a real soft spot for my barbour and want ti to keep going. They are tough coats that take a pasting but do as they say on the tin.

Jerry

My 25 year old Barbour is back at Barbour for it regular service. They wash it, reproof it and fix any rips needed. This year it also need a new zip for the first time.

It comes back looking great, not new but well worn and authentic! The reproofing they do seems far better than what I achieve at home.

You either love or hate waxed jackets, but I have a real soft spot for my barbour and want ti to keep going. They are tough coats that take a pasting but do as they say on the tin.

Jerry

Sandersj89, can you recall what they charge for a full service?

Jerry

Details here:

http://www.barbour.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...mp;ContentID=55

Rewax is £22.50 but repairs are cheaper.

For me it is good value as my jacket is over 25 years old. Only problem is my wife steals it off me as soon as it comes back!

Jerry

Jerry

Details here:

http://www.barbour.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...mp;ContentID=55

Rewax is £22.50 but repairs are cheaper.

For me it is good value as my jacket is over 25 years old. Only problem is my wife steals it off me as soon as it comes back!

Jerry

Thanks for the info, that's not bad. Attempted to re wax mine myself last year, given the state of the kitchen table and the grief I got off the Mrs I'll sent it off next time!

I don’t know what the wax is that the factories use but I would have thought that the proofing would be a silicone-based product that would proof and lubricate the fabric without degenerating like rot cheese.

Waxies are ok but I hate to suddenly experience the horrible sensation of freezing cold water where it has found a way through it when beating through kale and the like.

Sod it. The waxy waistcoat is going into a bucket of hot detergent for a good soak. I’ll sray it with silicone tent proofer with a double coating around the pockets.