kids ear defenders

quentyn

hi all whats the best kids ear defenders ? I have 2 sets of the kids pelator ones but kids hate them. My daughter grabs the howard leight ones i have spare but i need another for my son. Essentially the pelators just dont seem to fit my kids ears all that well and so there are gaps after a while - this leads to noise ingress and ( my son at least) hating shooting 

are there good quality kids ear defenders with soft materials around the ears ? 

13 hours ago, quentyn said:

hi all whats the best kids ear defenders ? I have 2 sets of the kids pelator ones but kids hate them. My daughter grabs the howard leight ones i have spare but i need another for my son. Essentially the pelators just dont seem to fit my kids ears all that well and so there are gaps after a while - this leads to noise ingress and ( my son at least) hating shooting 

are there good quality kids ear defenders with soft materials around the ears ? 

I have been using these for a couple of months now, I have a problem with over ear protectors myself, I find they get in the way a bit when wearing some headwear, glasses, hoods etc. etc. I can well imagine that young children would feel the same way, plus, as we all know, protection for kids is secondary (in their eyes)to looking cool.

Whilst a pair of these SportEAR x-pro's buds won't offer quite as much protection as a good set of dedicated shooting over ear muffs, the protection level is not to bad at all, plus they fit nice and snug in the ear when using the foam inserts and are very comfortable to wear.

Reviews for them generally are a bit mixed, with one of the problems being that it's hard to tell which mode they are in ( shooting or speaking ) because the mode button works like a ball point pen, click on click off, the button returns to the same position so you cannot see which mode has been selected. However, once the buds have been placed in the ears, it's a simple matter of tapping the button with a finger, if it rattles the valve is in the open (hearing) mode, if it's a thud with no rattle the valve is closed (shooting ) mode.  

xpro.JPG

Edited by Tonka54

On my travels I stumbled across some ear defenders in an ex army shop. I bought 2 pairs for a fiver each. Nice squashy seal around the ear and fit the wee ones fine. 

Re details - I can’t seem to make the link work, but if you google: 
‘Centre of Britain Army Surplus’ then click on their eBay link to search/shop. It looks like they’re eight quid now. 

My older son (11) keeps pinching my Sordin electronic ones now though - I end up wearing the ex army passives..!