Yorkshire Arboretum - Grey Squirrel Management Training

Fisheruk

There is a British Red Squirrel- Grey Squirrel Management Training Course being run at the Yorkshire Arboretum for any who may be interested.

I’m not delivering this one but the content is the same and results in a Lantra certificate of competency for successful candidates.

B2F0A686-4B2E-4EBB-8610-76BA4E189CCD.jpeg

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that looks ideal for anyone starting grey squirrel control finding new permissions , I presume you get a certificate ?

I thoroughly support any effort to increase the number of folk killing tree rats however this could be a slippery slope where before you can get a permission you need a 'Certicate'.  I found this with deer stalking. Fortunately I never had a problem but I knew places where to get even a let day you had to have a DSC1. NOW, for ten years I actually guided stalkers both here in the UK and overseas and I came across a few who imediayely proclaimed they had DSC2 qualifications who I would not let loose on my ground ever.  Yes, by all means eduacate where required. We had the same problem in the Police Force back in 1974 when it became possible to be an Inspector in 3 or 4 years IF you had a Degree. It didn't matter in what subject and I voiced my opinion then that the Service would go downhill from there, which it has.