The Game Fair @ Ragley Hall 2022

steve_b_wales

4 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

Im looking forward to it , one of the high spots of summer if weathers good ! Was going to the shooting show but that paying extra to park on top of entrance fee is taking the mickey ! 

I intended to go to the shooting show as well, but not with having to also pay for parking. I enjoy the game fair at Ragley Hall. Nice to have a look around and maybe pick up a bargain, but enjoyable nonetheless.

12 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

Im looking forward to it , one of the high spots of summer if weathers good ! Was going to the shooting show but that paying extra to park on top of entrance fee is taking the mickey ! 

I really hate it when it feels like you’re being taken for a ride , I know that to hire the nec must be a fortune , but the car park spaces are there all 16,000 of them it makes no odds to anyone if they are used or not there is no extra expenditure involved ,I thought the whole point of the nec was a purpose made show area out of the city to attract people ? Just feels like greed on someone’s part if they charged £5 or £50 it’s just pure profit !

20 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I intended to go to the shooting show as well, but not with having to also pay for parking. I enjoy the game fair at Ragley Hall. Nice to have a look around and maybe pick up a bargain, but enjoyable nonetheless.

enjoy the show Steve, but personally in this day and age i think you will struggle to get a bargain.

12 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

personally in this day and age i think you will struggle to get a bargain.

I agree - but I usually enjoy the day, meeting friends, looking at items I 'might' buy one day (but usually not!) - and even looking at things I would NEVER buy. 

This last does bring a bit of a negative to me.  Two categories on show - some the 'ultra expensive' and non shooting related items, and the non shooting related 'tat' (kids toys, candyfloss etc.).  The vast majority of attendees are highly unlikely to purchase a £200K motor car, or a helicopter based on seeing it at the game fair.  I do admit to enjoying seeing the 'top end' guns which to me are 'on topic'.

I also have missed the Fishermans Row - which has been largely absent from (or at least very poor at) the two most recent fairs I have attended. 

Just personal views and others may disagree.

I doubt I will attend despite Ragley being very close to me - as I usually have friends from further away attending and we have a gathering and a meal and relax here in the evening before heading off home, so I spend my day cooking instead!

On 09/02/2022 at 08:01, spurs 14 said:

I really hate it when it feels like you’re being taken for a ride , I know that to hire the nec must be a fortune , but the car park spaces are there all 16,000 of them it makes no odds to anyone if they are used or not there is no extra expenditure involved ,I thought the whole point of the nec was a purpose made show area out of the city to attract people ? Just feels like greed on someone’s part if they charged £5 or £50 it’s just pure profit !

Well I'm not disagreeing with you but there is a lot of security on these car parks and then you have shuttle buses etc. People wages for these have to be paid. The car parks are usually very well lit also.

But if you want to park and still get something for your money , this is what we do. We park at resorts world. Its literally on the nec site. Cost the same to park there all day as the nec, but if you spend £20 in resorts world you park for £3. So enjoy the show and instead of being ripped off for manky hot dogs and the such inside the nec. Get back to resorts world spend 20 in their restaurants  or shops and park for reasonable  cost. So at least you feel like you had something for your money. 

Jasper