Guns available on friendly self managed rough shoot. Henly-in-Arden, Midlands.

Hi guys, I am part of a small self managed rough shoot in Henly-in-Arden. We have 2 possibly 3 guns available for next season. 

We have a few work parties in the off season to manage the land and prepare for the new birds so willingness to help out is appreciated but not required. We also have access to the land all year round for vermin shooting. Roughly 300 acres. You would also be expected to help with the feeding and topping up feeders in certain areas throughout the year once the birds are in place. Unless you pay for gun only. 

We normally put down 100 ducks and 100-150 pheasant each year and shoot 10 days through the season. Of which we have 6-7 self driven/beaten drives a day. Our bags are anywhere from 2 to 20 birds so not huge but fun. We are also located in the middle of 3 other surrounding large shoots so often get a-lot of spill over. 

Ideally you would also have a dog to assist with the beating. 
We are a nice mixed bunch of guys that enjoy being out on the farm. 

The price for a gun and assisting with work parties and feeding is £400.

The price for just a gun with no work parties or feeding is £500. 

Let me know if your interested at all. We are also looking for beaters or people with dogs. Our shoot is also ideal for training your dog as we are all relaxed and would be grateful for having the dog with us. 

Thanks Nick.

Yes, please, I would be very interested in gun only as I work weekends. So can get a Saturday off to shoot. Sadly I have no dog. I would be coming from Leicestershire and have shot on formal driven shoots and friendly farm shoots for the last thirty plus years...so know how ti behave and how not to behave!

Edited by enfieldspares

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Styla,  My old stomping ground down there and some lovely country. I would have jumped at the chance but my old legs are no longer up to it. I used to have a small shoot around Studley Castle and shot and beat/picked up on the Lowsonford shoot where we lived.    Wishing you all a most enjoyable season and really nothing beats a bunch of like minded running a small shoot.  There is a lot more to a day out with dog and gun than just killing things

Hi guys, thanks for the interest. 
Unfortunately all of the guns are taken for this season but we may have 2 guns available next year. 

@Walker570 you are correct, I personally think its a great little shoot. Sure it could probably be better but it’s always fun and its a good group of guys. We are also next door to the Lowsonford shoot, we often share birds so to speak, 😜

17 hours ago, Styla247 said:

Hi guys, thanks for the interest. 
Unfortunately all of the guns are taken for this season but we may have 2 guns available next year. 

@Walker570 you are correct, I personally think its a great little shoot. Sure it could probably be better but it’s always fun and its a good group of guys. We are also next door to the Lowsonford shoot, we often share birds so to speak, 😜

Good evening pal,  

Would be really interested in a place for next year and happy to be part of the work parties, if you want a chat happy to send you my number.

All the best Jamie 

• 1 year later...