Clinically Vulnerable category

30-6

As I am placed in the category as per title, I had sent to me a priority PCR testing a while ago, to use if I got COVID. My son is going through COVID now along with my granddaughter. So I done a lateral flow and it came up as a very faint line, I contacted a helpline to ask if it was worth sending result off, as I didn't want to waste resources and was told yes.

Does the strength of the line indicate the degree of the virus ? Apart from feeling as if I have a cold, I have no coughing or high temperature.

A very faint positive line is still positive but Covid is unusual in that the more virus you're carrying the stronger the line and the symptoms. My test line was very faint and I wasn't unwell at all but I caught it from the wife who had a much stronger line and she was unwell for 2 or 3 days.

So I would say the answer is yes.

As above, it’s still a positive. 
I had a very very faint line, so much so that I had to ask my OH what she thought. She agreed it was very faint but was there, so I did another LFT and it came back negative. I still went for a PCR because I was supposed to be going shooting with a mate, who is slightly asthmatic. 
My PCR was positive.

Just to add it was no more than a cold to me. 

Edited by Scully

Well just had my result which said " result negative but still might be infected ". So what does that mean ?

The lateral flow was done on Thursday, the PCR was done Friday, results today. Last Saturday I had the worst heartburn I have ever had with really bad acid reflux, 4 days before I went to a funeral, so perhaps I had caught COVID and done the tests at the end rather than the beginning. Who knows.

Apparently indigestion can be a symptom.