Carrion crow with sub 12 .22 air rifle

Agriv8

Walking trough my mates farm and most cattle and sheep are now out - he is bringing some bulls in to finish off on corn and pellets! In various bull pens and building 

The food is being raided by the corvids and pigeon within 5 mins of him leaving the shed !

modeated .410 is to hand but would a sub 12 .22 air rifle do the job at about 20- yards - 1.2g pellets watching them today I recon I have hidden vantage points of feed bins and plan to setup a few decoys ( crow /pigeon) to lure them in. If so where would the best aim point be ?

I could setup outside the building tend to be open both ends which makes setting up outside more difficult!

thanks Agriv8 

15 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Walking trough my mates farm and most cattle and sheep are now out - he is bringing some bulls in to finish off on corn and pellets! In various bull pens and building 

The food is being raided by the corvids and pigeon within 5 mins of him leaving the shed !

modeated .410 is to hand but would a sub 12 .22 air rifle do the job at about 20- yards - 1.2g pellets watching them today I recon I have hidden vantage points of feed bins and plan to setup a few decoys ( crow /pigeon) to lure them in. If so where would the best aim point be ?

I could setup outside the building tend to be open both ends which makes setting up outside more difficult!

thanks Agriv8 

The air rifle will do it. I have done this at a local farm.
When I’ve got a couple I hang them upside down in plain sight with outstretched wings, and others flare away as soon as they spot them. Job done. 
If you can’t set up directly at the place, shoot a couple anywhere you can, and then hang them outside the shed. 

It will easily do it. Question is will it make any difference.

If its a number of birds you will get more impact dropping dead ones over the roofs with a shotgun. Pick an open barn with a decent view and stand back in the shadows. The first hit counts so make it a good one.