Who makes the best magnet?

Not an area of this site I frequent too often. I’ve borrowed the old man’s pigeon magnet for 15-20 years,(it’s ancient) and badly needing an upgrade. The car batteries for it weigh a ton and even then, you can carry it across a field and the connections can be faulty.

So grudgingly it’s time to part with some cash. Which company do we feel makes the best magnets on here? Assume they’re all on lithium batteries now?

Cheers!

I bought an original magnet from Phil Beasley over twenty years ago which never let me down, so wishing for something a little lighter, I then bought a UKShootware ultra lightweight one about ten years ago (I think) and that also has never let me down and works a treat with a speed controller. It wasn`t cheap, but has certainly earned its keep since. I`m not sure whether they still sell this particular one though as it doesn`t appear on their website, I`ve just found a youtube video of Andy Crow testing one out, so maybe they are still being made.

Hope this helps.

On 11/07/2022 at 07:54, wildfowler.250 said:

Not an area of this site I frequent too often. I’ve borrowed the old man’s pigeon magnet for 15-20 years,(it’s ancient) and badly needing an upgrade. The car batteries for it weigh a ton and even then, you can carry it across a field and the connections can be faulty.

So grudgingly it’s time to part with some cash. Which company do we feel makes the best magnets on here? Assume they’re all on lithium batteries now?

Cheers!

I cannot believe that someone would carry a car battery across a field to their hide.:hmm: I had trouble carrying one out of Halfords to my car the other day, but I am getting on a bit. :lol:

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

I bought an original magnet from Phil Beasley over twenty years ago which never let me down, so wishing for something a little lighter, I then bought a UKShootware ultra lightweight one about ten years ago (I think) and that also has never let me down and works a treat with a speed controller. It wasn`t cheap, but has certainly earned its keep since. I`m not sure whether they still sell this particular one though as it doesn`t appear on their website, I`ve just found a youtube video of Andy Crow testing one out, so maybe they are still being made.

Hope this helps.

I cannot believe that someone would carry a car battery across a field to their hide. I had trouble carrying one out of Halfords to my car the other day, but I am getting on a bit. 

OB

Thanks bud, appreciate it!

And yep, young and daft I think hauling that out for a likely quiet flight 😂