Building a private dove field and pond

NoBodyImportant

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2022 at 04:46, Poor Shot said:

This is brilliant and I'm quite jealous..

I did hire a mini digger a while back to level off our garden, best week of my life to date.

Digging is addicting.  I started with my backhoe and now I can’t stop. 

On 21/12/2022 at 05:12, old'un said:

It may have been mentioned or asked before but with such large unpopulated areas in the US is the backstop practised on every shot when using a rifle?

Yes.  We normally shoot from tree stand to impact the ground if a missed shot. But these property is so rural I could fire 45 degrees and wouldn’t hit anything. 

Took a break from the road to start another small food plot, it will be about 300ft  X 100ft.  This will probably be sunflower with a small watering hole and some sugarcane.  I plan on a high stand here. I have some 40ft power poles so it will be 10ft x 10ft about 30ft high.  CA45EAF0-D41A-43B7-9620-47208A70FE98.jpeg.5f40181c5cd699d8c742257fe9181556.jpegC80EBB3B-3AF7-4946-9805-91B9BB1F3A6D.jpeg.bffeb5cb587706a125c91aa772c46629.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

4 hours ago, sandspider said:

Are you going to surface your roads with anything, or just leave them as compacted mud? I suppose they won't need to handle much traffic...

Yes, when done I will get gravel.  But because the road to the cabin will be 1700ft( not counting the parking and other trails) I think I am going to buy a dump truck and haul it in myself.  10tons is $500 delivered, but it’s 12$ a ton at the quarry.  So I’m am looking for a small 5 ton non CDL f450 style dump truck.  

I did call the county about permits and was told that I wouldn’t need any for the cabin and buildings.  The only permit I need would be 75$ for a power pole and meter (originally I was wanting off grid but I’m getting to old for that BS) I can put in a septic and hook anything up to it I want as long as it’s not a permanent residence.  Wife says I should just pay for a home permit so I can get a certificate of occupancy.  Because if I ever sale the property banks don’t like to loan money on a house without one. 

56 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yes, when done I will get gravel.  But because the road to the cabin will be 1700ft( not counting the parking and other trails) I think I am going to buy a dump truck and haul it in myself.  10tons is $500 delivered, but it’s 12$ a ton at the quarry.  So I’m am looking for a small 5 ton non CDL f450 style dump truck.  

Get Andrew Camarata on the case! (Or yes, do it yourself, even better).