djs gun cabinets

elmar fudd

Brattonsound all the way. I originaly had an early version for shotguns. When I added FaC I went for a deep 7 gun Brattonsound. No problems at all. Recently I needed a second cab' not for storage as such but ease of access on a busy week, needed for one rifle one shotgun. Got a 5 gun one & quickly found the door too narrow I could only get one carbine rifle or no shotguns, the internal safe was too low for 28" barrels. Sold it & got a more well known brand, again a 5 gun version, better but getting one rifle & one shotgun in was a nightmare. Eventualy got another Brattonsound  another 5 gun, taller & more room in the internal safe, rifle & shotgun fits better but the rifle is sideways  butt to the right barrel to the left sideways at the back with the shotgun positioned normally on the right, extra foam strip on the left for the rifle barrel & the door is slightly wider than the previously 2 others. I havn't the room for the 2nd cab' to be another 7 gun deep brattonsound, if I did I would get another, the internal space & wide door is worth the extra cost even for just a few guns.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

I have two 7 gun lockable tops from Clay Shooters Supplies and a 5 gun deep Brattonsound with lockable top. There is NO comparison. The Brattonsound is just cramped and inconvenient.

The 7 gun cabinet is less cramped than the 5 gun cabinet?! Wow. Defo sounds like the 7 gun cabinet is the choice if you have 7 guns! :D

I'd be cautious buying from a company that's had its website down for a while.

Edited by HantsRob