Castelani Cmask 2 thoughts

Petay

Considering a set of Cmask 2 as they are significantly cheaper than Pilla. Led to believe the lens come from the same factory as the Pilla Zeiss lenses. 

I know the Cmasks have a post but considering I'm using sun glasses at present I don't see it being a massive issue for my level of shooting.

Big question is fit.....I know in Pilla world I would need Outlax x7 frames due to having a fat Mellon.

any feedback on fit and quality appreciated. 

Why do you feel you need to spend £360 on a set of glasses?

Will you be buying online or actually getting your hands on a pair to try before you buy?

A Pair of clear safety glasses and your original sun glasses would make a sound start.

You use the term "for my level of shooting" are you competing at registered level every weekend?

No I don’t shoot comps at weekends at present. 

Started shooting just over 2 years ago and aside from some initial lessons I’ve been very casual with no real frequency to when I go. At a point where I know I’m not consistent and realise I often don’t know why I’ve missed. 

sorted my gun to a point where I’m happy now after going through various guns over last 2 years. 

started doing some lessons again and after speaking with the instructor I’ve decided glasses are a worthwhile investment. I can shoot in glasses but after assessing some of my misses in my first lesson it became clear they are not ideal as are probably to dark for all but sunny days. 

I’ve tried a few of the cheaper glasses including a set of Wiley X that’s I’ve just given away and the issues is they are all tight on my head and often give me headaches. 

I know Pilla Outlaw x6 fit me but obviously trying to avoid spending that sort of money. 

the Castelani cmask pro look similar to the outlaws so suspect they would fit but they are again getting on Pilla money. 

really just wanted some views on cmask / cmask 2 fit as I can’t find anywhere local to try them 

Problem is, IF you buy a 'set' of glasses, the lens colours may not suit YOUR eyes. This is coming from someone who knows, because I have recently sold some Pilla lenses that I had NEVER used. My main colours are a yellow lens for dark, overcast days or rainy days. A 75% light brown lens for brighter but cloudy days. A 40% brown lens for sun and cloud days (probably the most used). A 44% purple lens for green backgrounds only. A 25% dark lens for bright sunlight. The percentages are the amount of light getting through. I do have a couple more lenses, but never use them. I had an eye operation a few years ago, which was followed a few months later by a cataract operation.  This has left me very susceptible to bright light and I have found the Pillas to be a good investment for me. If you can not see it, you can not shoot it  !