Norica 3 shot .410 bolt action

mattsccm

Been given one of the above.  Not exactly a Rigby bolt action but it seems ok so probably user error. I just can't load 2 rounds into the mag and the 3rd up the spout. Is it 2 in then the one in the chamber or that first then the mag? My bolt action shotguns have all been Webley .410 single shot jobs so this is new to me and it isn't working like the Mannlicher either. 

Any tips? 

Also, how are front beads usually fixed?  Solder? Braze? I am tempted to try the moderator of the Mossberg on this as it's a bit shorter but the bead needs to come off and maybe go back on. 

Cheers

They will take three shots. But I think you need to use 3" cartridges to do so AND hold down the two in the magazine as you chamber the third cartridge. But, as another said, whatever you are shooting at will, if live quarry, even a drey full of squirrels, be long gone by the time you've worked the bolt to chaaber cartridge number three,

With the mod it seems to work well but my aim is off. Got to get used to it. Prefer it to the Mossberg pump although it is only about an inch shorter which was why I tried it originally. It came to me with a sling but the balence is off with the mod so some hole drilling is needed. No big deal in a beech stock😁Nothing that a plug won't hide.

My Dad gave me one of these nearly 50 years ago, I was only 11.

Never did shoot much with it because I could never afford any cartridges. I'm sure it only fitted 2 1/2 inch cartridges.

Bought another recently that does fit 3" but after having the ejector fixed will now only hold 2 carts. Don't know why that is.