guns v doctors

the last engineer

Guns vs. Doctors

Here's a new twist on the firearms issue.

Doctors:

1. The number of doctors in Canada is 700,000

2. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000

3. Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14%

Statistics courtesy of the Canadian Dept of Health & Human Services

Guns:

1. The number of guns owned in Canada is 80,000,000 (yes that's 80 million)

2. The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500

3. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%

Statistics courtesy of the RCMP

So statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, guns don't kill people, doctors do.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!

Doctors burry their mistakes all the time

**** me im glad i dont see a doc more than once every 10 years, not that i dont need to from time to time its just that i cant stand having some pomus self rightous **** tell me the answer to all/any health problems is to stop smoking :good:

now i find out their a bunch of flippin butchers :good:

lee :good:

with a population of around 33.3 million that is a lot of guns per head (about 2.5). Have a cousin and his wife and two kids (4yrs and 1 yr old) coming over from canada next month for a wedding.Wonder if they will bring all their guns.... :good:

NTTF I wonder does he have the average no. of guns in his household :good:

with a population of around 33.3 million that is a lot of guns per head (about 2.5). Have a cousin and his wife and two kids (4yrs and 1 yr old) coming over from canada next month for a wedding.Wonder if they will bring all their guns.... :good:

im sure Dan has his quota, my last count was 26, you gotta love canadian laws ah :good:

Martin

Like Last Engineer, I think I am a bit over the average...at last count there was 19 long guns and atleast 4 of the others. I went to count ammo the other day and stopped at 3000 rounds :good::oops::oops: and I think it is 6 long bows, 3 compound bows and a cross bow....just incase I run out when the next revolution starts.

NTTF

This topic stinks.

Its not fair to compare Doctors to Guns.

My better half is training to be a Doc (7 years including practice) and there is SO much more that can go wrong with a patiant compared to a gun. They do their very best, but mistakes happen with everything.

Try looking up the deaths for stupidity, and missuse or accidents due to lack of training regards to machinery or vehicles accidents.

You can joke about Doctors now.. but oneday they may be your only hope.

NTTF I wonder does he have the average no. of guns in his household :oops:

Like Last Engineer, I think I am a bit over the average...at last count there was 19 long guns and atleast 4 of the others. I went to count ammo the other day and stopped at 3000 rounds :oops::huh::lol: and I think it is 6 long bows, 3 compound bows and a cross bow....just incase I run out when the next revolution starts.

NTTF

:good: i forgot about the bows Dan, oopps, 3000 rnds eh in what cal ? i have been buying 12g by the 5,000 from Kent for a number of years now, i think theres around 6/7 thou around plus what we have stored, other cals around 250 per gun from .22 (.22 in brick for a lot more bought ) .357 .44 (PMC rep is a friend :good: ) .50 not so much $2.30 a shot its a stupid gun to have, its very diffferent here for volume of ammo, if i have a usage of "x" amount per year i can buy it at in one shot (skues pun) you guys are restricted to lower ammounts per gun i beleive, with the amount listed on your license ??

Martin

p.s. sorry Hunter didnt mean to upset you there, it was done in jest, i as im sure others have absolute respect for the man/woman with the heading "Dr" .

Martin its the silliest thing on our FAC's.

We have a ''buy X amount'' and ''keep X amount''

We can only buy a lower amount of ammunition then stated in the keep amount. I can keep 100 .222, but only buy 40 at a time. :good: a really anoying, useless rule IMO. But I have the gun and the ammo, it does the job.. so il live with it

This topic stinks.

Its not fair to compare Doctors to Guns.

My better half is training to be a Doc (7 years including practice) and there is SO much more that can go wrong with a patiant compared to a gun. They do their very best, but mistakes happen with everything.

Try looking up the deaths for stupidity, and missuse or accidents due to lack of training regards to machinery or vehicles accidents.

You can joke about Doctors now.. but oneday they may be your only hope.

I did not read this as knocking doctors but as an interesting statistic. Bearing in mind that doctors devote their careers to saving lives it puts gun deaths into perspective.

Me neither untill I noticed the part saying Doctors are more dangerous then guns :lol: No offence to anyone, its just my turn to be the 'odd one out' in this topic :unsure:

And that is a hell of a lot of guns in Canada :lol: funnily enough, better half would love to live there and work there. She loves photos of Canada.

And that is a hell of a lot of guns in Canada :lol: funnily enough, better half would love to live there and work there. She loves photos of Canada.

let me see,,,,,,,,,,,

profile says Shooting, survey says got that :unsure:

profile says Deer, survey says got that too :lol:

Ballistics, got plenty of this

motorcycles got plenty of them too

and the contents of my gun safe, this of cource would have to be extended Exponentially to acomodate the newer items

working on guns, no worries there either, all the new items listed above need cleaning,,,,,,,,at least once

Drinking Guinness .. only the best.. got some of that as well,,,,,,probably more than the uk as there are less people here

Climing, its known there are a few mountains here to climb, most of us smart guys use a 4x4 or helicopter( quicker and easier on the lungs)

Police ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, got them in RED

hiking ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, come on wheres the chalange

cycling,,,,,,,,,,,,, please anywhere anytime, winter and summer.

so having exhausted your profile requirements, what the hell are you still doing there

now when wifey wants to go shopping W.E.M. west edmonton mall, a little place to go for the odd thing or two.

when's the plane leave Hunter,:lol:?:wub:?:wub:

by the way theres plenty of work here as well..................................got to pay for your fun time buddy

Martin

that is a good point martin i just counted i have owned over 50 firearms since the age of 6 and at present i have 8 long guns and 2 pistols and yup not one has ever commited a crime,murder or injury except maybe my old swiss arm rifle it could have killed some kraut tresspasser in ww2

that is a good point martin i just counted i have owned over 50 firearms since the age of 6 and at present i have 8 long guns and 2 pistols and yup not one has ever commited a crime,murder or injury except maybe my old swiss arm rifle it could have killed some kraut tresspasser in ww2

Neil, im ashamed of you :lol: , you of all people :wub: , living in Canada should be aware of our politicaly correct way of describing others, this multi cultural society we live in cannot support the way in which you mock others from different countries with derogitory comments .

im sure there is another word other than " tresspasser " that would fit :wub: :unsure: :lol:

Martin

ps when you up for a day at the targets ?? winters drawing in, will have to take a flask of coffee out with us soon :lol:

well martin i have german ancestory on my fathers side so meh nothing personal all love and fair in war, i suppose i could have called them herman the germans or jerrys no offence to any Germans on here I love you guys the masters of blitzkrieg and armourd warfare I love that you guys love tanks and mausers I can respect that

and as far as some clays it might have to be after hunting season i got a big deer stalking trip planned and thats my near future focus but soon there after martin i would love to head out with you Cheers!

Doctors aren't as dangerous as UK hospitals.

Sorry Hunter your squeeze has lost the top slot

LB

LB, Now that I do agree with. Lots of people go in for minor reasons and end up staying for weeks with the bug in ICU. Not good. I hope they get this sorted pronto!!

Martin, thanks for the welcome. Will see what happens, if things get too bad here we will consider either Canada or Australia like many other Brits. I want to stick by my country as long as I can. If it wasnt for the other half being downright scared when shes in the UK, I would probably stay and do what I can to make it better. Every time she sees a child abused, or a man stabbed in the paper, she decides this country is unsafe for living in or raisning a family. Sadly, she is right in some ways. As much as I love this country, I do start to get the feeling something is wrong deep down. :unsure: Not Politics or immigrants.. but a new breed of heartless chavs and general scum spoiling this Great country.

LB

LB, Now that I do agree with. Lots of people go in for minor reasons and end up staying for weeks with the bug in ICU. Not good. I hope they get this sorted pronto!!

Martin, thanks for the welcome. Will see what happens, if things get too bad here we will consider either Canada or Australia like many other Brits. I want to stick by my country as long as I can. If it wasnt for the other half being downright scared when shes in the UK, I would probably stay and do what I can to make it better. Every time she sees a child abused, or a man stabbed in the paper, she decides this country is unsafe for living in or raisning a family. Sadly, she is right in some ways. As much as I love this country, I do start to get the feeling something is wrong deep down. :unsure: Not Politics or immigrants.. but a new breed of heartless chavs and general scum spoiling this Great country.

thats to bad is it realy that bad in the UK I know how you must feel there is no place like home. but if you do decide to make the move let me just sugest Canada for a few reasons 1 being it is pretty cheap to fly back to the UK from here and you could visit home frequently and flying to Australia is very expensive unless you got family there yo might feel very alone and far away and if you like the UK and the landscape there check out our maratime provinces on the atlantic coast ie Nova Scotia, Newfound Land, and Prince Edward Island google on the internet might be a little like home as there is a very strong Celtic culture there the only problem with the maratimes is good work is hard to find fishing was the big industry, and if you want to check out the hunting shooting scene over here check out the forum Canadian Gunnutts on google and you can see what we offer, oh aswell our gun laws at present are better than Australia just my two sence buddy good luck what ever you do

LB

Australia isn't that much better than Britain anymore. Canada would be a good place to move, but things aren't looking too good there either. I really don't see semi-autos or handguns lasting much longer. Especially now that there will be 4 more years of Liberal rule in Ontario. Our northern neighbors just don't have the numbers that we do in the States. It's hard to believe that only 30 years ago we had pretty much the same gun laws.

well dr scholl you are right the liberals are no good for Canada they want to take semi guns and pistols they have starved the Canadian army and the RCMP mounties and have opend the flood gates to mass imigration, but in a way by doing that the mostly liberal voters in ontario now have to deal with all the ethnic gangs and crime and so more people are starting to vote conservative in ontario more so then recently, and as of rate now we have mr harper as a prime minister and he is conservative and last night his speech from the throne included getting rid of the long gun registry

which is a danm good start if all my rifles and shotguns come off the books it will be a cold day in hell before i ever register them again