Waterproof jacket for Wildfowling

Hotbarrels1

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/collections/waterproof-jackets/products/dutch-army-bilaminate-goretex-jacket?variant=43399925629148

I hvae used one of these for approx 8 to 10 seasons now and have recently ordered another for the future as they are becoming hard to find..  Brilliant jackets, not heavy, excellent wind and water resistance, dry out quickly and easy to look after (stick in in the washing mashine with Nic Wax then into tumble dryer on low and its like new again)

I find it a good and roomy with space to layer up underneath if required.

I was going to say something similar civvie gore tex is sooo expensive and the military kit comes with camo - the ex-british DPM (Gore-Tex) Desert Pattern with light green lining waterproofs are very good at keeping the water out if you just want a thin layer over the top of your other kit - obviously thats Desert Camo - it is possible to get Temperate Camo DPM (ebay 204162789801) or MTP (133690200309 size M) and solid colours but the desert ones tend to be the best price vs quality but I just looked at a grade 1 MTP for 30 vs New Desert for 50.

Available on ebay 125153903374 etc (also loads of places) size is height / chest in cm so 190/112 would be a tall large person and 160/112 would be a shorter large person.

Just note the difference between the "windproof" cotton vs. "waterproof" gore-tex when youre looking at lots of listings it can catch you out!

I personally prefer the oldskool RAF green waterproof jacket (pre-gore tex) but they were nowhere near as waterproof as the more modern ones as above.

D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=+British+Goretex+Waterproof+Jacket+Army&_sacat=0

If you want value for money I can recommend the Dutch bilaminate too. It has a lining and pockets which means you can wear it by itself. The British army goretex is just a shell with no pockets which is a bit of a ****** when you want easy access to your cartridges!