SEASON'S GREETINGS

wymberley

11 hours ago, Scully said:

Lot of it about but unless you’re vulnerable ( or someone in the family is ) I can’t see the point of testing. 

This 

There are currently 4 flu variants doing the rounds and Drs saying this is normal and no link to Rona, and that Corona is now just part of life and will be.  My other half lost her sense of taste two weeks ago. So probably had it but why test. Waste of time and money now 

2 hours ago, manthing said:

Hiw did you both get pregnant? 😁

:lol: :good:

Humour, the best medicine.

13 hours ago, Scully said:

Lot of it about but unless you’re vulnerable ( or someone in the family is ) I can’t see the point of testing. 

Don't agree, but that's of no consequence. My MiL is 97 and with all the expected ailments of that age which can disguise others is obviously vulnerable to anyone, not just family, knocking at her door. Unfortunately, with arthritis associated interstitial lung disease (allergic to one particular treatment), some mild COPD, ongoing other immunosuppressive medication and whatever else I can't think of offhand, I'm also classed as extremely vulnerable. Avoided it up until now but at least I had time to get the ticker fixed. :yes:

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

:lol: :good:

Don't agree, but that's of no consequence. My MiL is 97 and with all the expected ailments of that age which can disguise others is obviously vulnerable to anyone, not just family, knocking at her door. Unfortunately, with arthritis associated interstitial lung disease (allergic to one particular treatment), some mild COPD, ongoing other immunosuppressive medication and whatever else I can't think of offhand, I'm also classed as extremely vulnerable. Avoided it up until now but at least I had time to get the ticker fixed. :yes:

So your MIL is vulnerable to cold, flu and alot of other things already. Before C19 did you avoid things? Not trying to be awkward but before 2020 I don't think people worried as much as now.

32 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

So your MIL is vulnerable to cold, flu and alot of other things already. Before C19 did you avoid things? Not trying to be awkward but before 2020 I don't think people worried as much as now.

No, not talking about vulnerability here (but of course it applies) as much as the ailments that the more elderly can be expected to already be suffering from without adding to them needlessly.

9 hours ago, wymberley said:

:good:

Don't agree, but that's of no consequence. My MiL is 97 and with all the expected ailments of that age which can disguise others is obviously vulnerable to anyone, not just family, knocking at her door. Unfortunately, with arthritis associated interstitial lung disease (allergic to one particular treatment), some mild COPD, ongoing other immunosuppressive medication and whatever else I can't think of offhand, I'm also classed as extremely vulnerable. Avoided it up until now but at least I had time to get the ticker fixed. 

Fair enough, but I fail to see anymore what testing provides. 
There is a lot of quite bad flu doing the rounds at the moment, according to a GP guest I spoke to today, but no one’s testing for that.