BASC Calendar

B725

1 hour ago, B725 said:

It doesn't matter if it costs £10 or £100 it still should be fit for purpose

Agreed.  But honestly, it's a calendar.  Return it and move on, would certainly be more productive than moaning on here.

50 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

was positively embarrassed to give him this pile of rubbish this year.

Then why on earth did you give it to him?

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not how forums work.  Am still allowed to express my opinion, not every comment must agree with the OP.  That would be an echo chamber rather than a forum. 

Very true and same applies to the op who started the thread if you don't like it dont look as you think it is ridiculous and a waste of time 

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Edited by Rim Fire

36 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Just buy the Foxy huntresses calendar easy on the eye  and benefits the air ambulance 

Indeed. Currently has pride of place above my workbench. Just noticed that the space to write appointments in is of course insufficient.  Best go start a thread on the, uh, air ambulance forum.

8 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Used to be not any more they lost me a number of years back when my mate applied for a 243 as sometimes where he used to shoot.  a few deer would cross the land and sometimes get stuck in the fences he even supplied a letter off land owner stating  this 

He was turned down FAO said there was no Deer there this was in Hereford cut a long story short he phoned BASK as he had been a member for over 20 yrs 

BASC phoned Gwent Firearms Department FAO said no Deer on that land  BASK phoned him back and said looks like you are up against it and that was that 

Needless to say he didn't rejoin following year neither did i 

If he applied for a licence on the reasoning of the odd deer getting caught in a fence then that is the reason he got turned down - Not because of what BASC did or didnt do 

Did the next organisation you joined get the FAC passed ?

25 minutes ago, jall25 said:

If he applied for a licence on the reasoning of the odd deer getting caught in a fence then that is the reason he got turned down - Not because of what BASC did or didnt do 

Did the next organisation you joined get the FAC passed ?

No he didn't apply for Deer getting stuck in fences he apply for Deer in general but the FAO told BASK no Deer on that ground well there aren't all the time  

But they do come through and when they do sometimes not all the time get stuck in the fence the fact was the FAO said no Deer there and BASK said ok tells my mate you are up against it well we talking about Hereford its full of Deer and Fallow as you know will wander i was out last night foxing and seen about 11 Fallow in the field where i haven't seen any before you think they would have put up more of a fight than ok and accept it after he been a member for over 20 plus yrs 

Edited by Rim Fire

2 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

No he didn't apply for Deer getting stuck in fences he apply for Deer in general but the FAO told BASK no Deer on that ground well there aren't all the time  

But they do come through and when they do sometimes not all the time get stuck in the fence the fact was the FAO said no Deer there and BASK said ok tells my mate you are up against it well we talking about Hereford its full of Deer and Fallow as you know will wander i was out last night foxing and seen about 11 Fallow in the field where i haven't seen any before 

And what did the next organisation he joined do for his application ?

10 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

what has that got to do with it we talking about BASK that was the org he had been paying his hard earned cash to for over 20 plus yrs 

Well if it was such a big part of him leaving i wondered where and how he had got on somewhere else - A simple sensible question really 

Just now, jall25 said:

Well if it was such a big part of him leaving i wondered where and how he had got on somewhere else - A simple sensible question really 

You keep banging on about another org but we wasn't talking about another org was we  as for getting his 243 he got it on another piece of ground which i gave him

The fact is BASK folded on the first hurdle excepted the FAO answer and after paying in god knows how much after 20 plus yrs he felt BASK 💩 on him so he wasn't going to pay any more hard earned cash and this is just one reason  BASK is losing a lot of members 

2 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

You keep banging on about another org but we wasn't talking about another org was we  as for getting his 243 he got it on another piece of ground which i gave him

The fact is BASK folded on the first hurdle excepted the FAO answer and after paying in god knows how much after 20 plus yrs he felt BASK 💩 on him so he wasn't going to pay any more hard earned cash and this is just one reason  BASK is losing a lot of members 

Not banging on - its simply asking a question and getting the facts which for some reason you seem to want to avoid answering 

Most odd 

4 minutes ago, jall25 said:

as for getting his 243 he got it on another piece of ground which i gave him

Maybe this will explain it so he didn't have to go to another org he got his variation with it open so he can shoot on the very bit of ground he all the hassle with but the fact remains BASK was next to useless for him  

6 minutes ago, jall25 said:

its simply asking a question and getting the facts which for some reason you seem to want to avoid answering 

Where have i avoided answering the question 

Edited by Rim Fire